.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hi...

...I'm having a hard time sleeping. The loss of my dog isn't helping, but I was already having problems trying to sleep before that. I'm not sure why but it's been a sleepless summer. I've been trying to go to bed early, which is cool because I like to wake up early but lately I've been waking up at midnight or 1 AM which is far too early, even for me.

As if it's not hard enough to sleep, my friend sleeps in the next room with the TV on all night. That wouldn't ordinarily bother me but it seems as though she's found the 24 hour Fran Drescher channel and that's making me insane. Lack of sleep, the loss of my dog and a hideous headache that won't go away until the blood from my last brain bleed has been absorbed is one thing, but that grating voice is more than I can take.

I should have already left for my most recent escapade but I procrastinated far too long. I couldn't be sorrier as if I had left, I'd still have Payton. But, I think I'm going to leave today. I can't hang around here right now...everything I see reminds me of my dog. When I DO fall asleep, every time I wake up I remember that he's gone and I feel that little stab in my heart all over again. I'm sure that my friend will understand my relatively quick exit...she's been my friend for longer than I care to say and we've been through a LOT over the decades.

One thing we haven't been through is sex...we aren't gay. (Ordinarily this is where I would say, "Not that there's anything wrong with that!" but I'm in such a foul mood that I don't feel like apologizing for that...AGAIN.) We've often heard that people assume that we're gay but most people don't say it to our faces. But, the last time I went to the emergency room, I overheard the ambulance dude tell the nurse that we were "life partners". I was stunned.

Even with my brain all cloudy, I knew what he meant and I had to push through the clouds to tell them that he was wrong. If I were gay, I wouldn't call my gay buddy a "life partner" anymore than I'd call the Sears Tower it's latest moniker, the Willis Tower. I hate change.

The ambulance guy's name is Dale Roerhig and he was wondering if I would be writing a chapter about him before I finish my book. I'll probably mention him...but only as it relates to what he told the nurse at the hospital. I'm not quite sure what it was but it translated into, "Dale wasn't impressed." with my condition. Isn't that sweet?

Anyway, I think I've spent my last sleepless evening in Elgin and before the day is over I should be at least 3 states away. I'll be back...I'm just leaving to see someone special and if I'm lucky, I'll see my kids as well. I hope to make a huge American square but I also hope to win the lottery.

By the way, I was on Facebook the other day and I read something interesting...my daughter got married. That's two married kids and one attorney kid. I'm about to have another grandchild...my guess is that it'll be a girl. Including steps, that'll be 5 of them. I adore them all and I can't wait for the latest to pop out. You never know which one will be the one to make you feel good when you're feeling down. I was speaking to my grand-daughter the other day and when I asked her to put her brother on, he was his usual self...he hates talking on the phone. After he was forced to say hi to Grandma, I spoke to my daughter-in-law's oldest son, Brandon. Before he hung up, that little sweetheart said, "I'm sorry that Campbell didn't want to talk to you." He's just a wee munchkin yet he had the thoughtfulness to know that my feelings would be hurt when Campbell didn't want to talk to me. Isn't that amazing?

Well, I think I should get back to packing. I still need to tell The Nanny fanny that I'm taking off for a while today. Have a good one!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From a constant ready in Indy...from one peyton fan to another payton (sweetness), i'm sorry

August 10, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home