.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, August 01, 2010

Yesterday was an interesting day...

...I started out by taking Payton for his 2 mile walk during which he had a hideous bout of diarrhea and then I had to go to the Tae Kwon Do tourny which I almost missed because of being in the hospital. I didn't do badly at all...we got first place for team patterns and then I got second place for individuals. Not bad for an old chick with a bleeding brain...ey?


After the tournament, my team and I went out to do what all sportsmen do after winning a trophy...we drank a LOT of beer. Unfortunately, I couldn't drink as much as I wanted to because my girlfriend showed up and told me that Payton was now vomiting and bleeding from the backside. We had to take him to the emergency vet who diagnosed him as having "vomiting and diarrhea"...and charged me hundreds of bucks for that tricky diagnosis. He got 2 shots and 4 meds which came to close to $250. We got home late, I don't even know what time it was but as bad as that experience was, I think it turned out to be a good thing. This teensy weensy hangover could have been a WHOLE lot worse and would have been if I had stayed out with the guys. (Yes, I'm the only girl on the team.)

Anyway, this morning Payton has taken his medicine and eaten his rice, eggs and filet Mignon. I would have given him ground beef but we didn't have any. He's acting fine so that nightmare is over...I hope.

Anyway, I'm sure I mentioned the guy who I was dating in LA...I really, really liked that guy. Now I find myself missing him something awful. I keep on thinking about him and it sort of makes me sorry that I left. Nowhere near as sorry as I was when I found out that I left a pregnant daughter there, but now I'm wondering if I made a huge boo boo by leaving. I can be such a flake sometimes.

I haven't dated a guy who made me feel like this since the 80's. I've dated some really nice guys, but you know how it goes, when I like them they don't like me and when they like me, I DON'T like them. This one liked me and I liked him. I don't know why I left him there except to say I must not of realized how much I liked his Viking fan self. I certainly never thought that I would miss him so much.

I've been seeing a guy who I dated in the 70's and I really, really like him too. So, there's my current conundrum. I'm afraid to make a move again because it always seems to be a dumb ass thing to have done in retrospect. Oh well, I think I'll try to stick out the Chicago winter and if it gets too bad, I'll head back to a coast, any coast, as long as it's the southern coast. But who knows, I haven't experienced 80 below with the wind chill factor in decades, maybe I'll find that I like it! Of course, I'll have to get another coat, my little leather jacket is no match for a Chicago winter. Ooh, I might even have to get real gloves, not the little driving gloves that match the jacket. And hell, I'm sure I'll need a hat and a scarf. Luckily, I have long johns already.

Well, now that Payton has been drugged and fed, I think I can take him on his walk...if I don't do it now I'll have to wait until the sun goes down because I know I can't handle 2 miles in the 90 degree heat. I have some things to do today anyway so I'll go get sweaty now and shower so I can get sweaty again when it warms up. I hate sweat enough, I know I don't want to sweat new sweat on top of old sweat!

Ciao for now!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

200 bucks???!!! How much was the dog! Congrats on the win, you did a great job with a blreeding brain or not. Thanks fort the time you spnet with us this week because we coudnt have won with out you

Jeff

August 01, 2010  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

LOLOL...the dog was free. The vet bills, not so such. And they don't have doggie-aid so I have to pay for that crap. But, he's been priceless. There have been times that he's been the most loyal and constant testosterone induced creature around me!

August 01, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home