.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

I came across a poem that I wrote shortly after I started this blog...

...now, keep in mind that my anger was in full force at the time, I'm much better now:

There once was a man named Rick
He had a freaky twisted small dick
His wife tried to teach him
But she just couldn't reach him
You'd think he'd at least learn to lick.

But Rick was not very bright
And nothing he did in bed was quite right
His wife was very frustrated
She thought he should just be castrated
As she lay there in bed every night.

He often played with his very own knob
Even though he could have had a great blow job
He had very odd views on sex
Blaming every little thing on his ex
Said she cheated on him with some guy named Bob.

Rick turned out to be a big fat liar
Can't get the truth out of him with a plyer
So his ex wife most likely was decent
He lied then and told more lies quite recent
And many illegitimate kids he did sire.

Now, the sex was not that big of a deal
But violence made him feel like a big wheel
He smacked his wife to feel like a man
He never learned how to wipe in the can
I guess he is just a big fat schlemiel.

That poem evoked quite a few responses, some of the poetic in themselves. If you'd like to read  them, you'll find them here:

http://diaryofmydivorce.blogspot.com/2005/02/there-once-was-man-named-rick-he-had.html

I surprise myself when I go back and read what I've written over the years but I try not to do that too much because the first time I did it, I found myself deleting posts. After a couple minutes of that bullshit, I just stopped reading it. But for some reason, I read that post and was so entertained that I thought I'd share it again.

And I don't want to hear any more people telling me to get over it, I have. But you know, if I hadn't, that would be OK too. Anger is a natural emotion and, like any other emotion, it is what it is. You can't blink it away like Jeannie did. I still think that I am deserved en explanation (better late than never) as to what actually DID  happen, but I'm learning to live without one. Still...I must say, to this day that explanation would be quite welcome.

(The Falcons just beat the Raiders in a close, really good, game. I think the Bears have a bye this week so  I'm just watching whatever game they're showing here and it happens to be the Falcons game. I can't watch the Buc's because they actually still black the games out when the game doesn't sell out. That's such crap.)

Well, my mind is a boring blank so I'll go for now...I'll try to make it back ASAP. As soon as I think of something humorous, ironic or gossipy, I'll come running back to the puter!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Meg. Whatever became of McFly?

October 18, 2012  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

McFly is alive and well. He is living with my son in Georgia. I've visited him a couple of times and he seems quite happy. When we went to the pound to get a cat, my son actually chose McFly so it was actually his cat. He never took it with him but when I left, he had to.

Thanks for asking!

October 19, 2012  
Anonymous Looking at divorce said...

Why not write a book of poems? That was actually quite good!

October 19, 2012  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

LMAO...good one, wanna combine our many talents?

October 22, 2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear about McFly ! A sweet puss with some excellent self-preservation skills.

November 19, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home