.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Annoying conversation...

...that I had yesterday with someone playing Words With Friends:

HE: How do you spell "feisty"?

ME: F, E, I, S, T, Y.

HE: "That doesn't work, could you look at my phone and make a word? I can't come up with one and I'm losing."

ME: OK, give me the phone.

HE: Thanks! 42 points! Wow.

HE: Is There one or two E's in the word "gleeful"?

ME: Two.

HE: That won't work, could you see if you can make a word?

ME: OK, give me the phone.

HE: Here.

HE: Thanks! That put me ahead!

ME: Good for you!

HE: I only have consonants, what do I do?

ME: You could find a vowel and put a consonant before and after it.

HE: Show me how.

ME: OK, here's an I, you could put the M and D on either side.

HE: Here, I made MID! Look!

ME: The D is on a triple letter square, you should have made DIM.

HE: Why? MID worked.

ME: (This is where I tried to explain why the triple M would be worth more than the triple D. It took awhile but it finally sunk in.)

HE: Oh, I see. Could you make another word without vowels?

ME: It's not your turn yet, wait until your opponent plays and they might give you a better place for a word.

HE: They made SWATHE all along the side, I can't leave a letter in the middle. Here, what should I do?

ME: OK, let me see. Well, you could put the D on the triple word space below SWATHE and then you'd have SWATHED for triple score.

HE: I'm stuck again, could you see if you can make a word? I don't want to lose again.

ME: If you can't do it, why don't you see if the computer can make words for you with your letters?

HE: No, that would be cheating.


4 Comments:

Blogger Tundra Woman said...

Ms. Meg, Considering your "internship" and "residency" never mind years of time in the trenches with a sordid assortment of "he's" of the same variety, you've had this *same* conversation how many times over your lifetime?
Play some pool, woman! It's a much more productive use of your skills! ;)
Any news, BTW re: SSD? Has your living situation been remediated in that you're not staying at the Cockroach/Bates Motel? Gettin' your medical stuff taken care of? Gettin' your Lab work for the blood thinner med?
Aren't I a nosey bitch, huh?! I worry, Ms. Meggers.
TW
TW

March 19, 2013  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Oh no, you aren't nosey. If you are it doesn't bother me at all, I'd rather have people ask, it shows that someone is thinking of me. Some of your questions can't be answered here though, email me at megkelsobroderick@gmail.com

March 19, 2013  
Blogger Little Me said...

I feel certain that I would have had to gouge mine own eyes out with a spork if I had been part of this ridiculous exchange.

How do you spell exchange?

March 25, 2013  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

You got it write...yesterday I was asked is 'edvice' was a word. I looked at the nitwit with confusion and didn't even tell him that DEVICE was a word.

March 26, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home