.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Do you know me well enough...

...to know when I'm being dry or serious? I have a friend in the publishing business who made a comment. I responded to it (without giving my OWN beliefs one way or another) and was hit with a stunning comment. What do YOU think I was trying to say?

THEY SAID: I shared an email blast on LinkedIn about Bill Clinton, gay rights and the constitution, only, about 15 people were offended. They threatened me because I said being gay is a sexual preference and marriage is between a man and a woman. I'm straight, and I'm not for gay marriage, that's it. I learned many years ago that sex is in the mind, we were born with sexual organs that tell us if we are a man or a woman. If, people want to have sex with a man or woman, that is called a sexual desire, it's not something we are born with. Well, anyway I was attacked by the gay bi-sexual patrol. lol.

I SAID: Fascinating. You must not simply agree with another's RIGHT to their own sexual preference...you must go further and ENDORSE it. You have no business in their bedroom, but they feel right at home in the midst of YOUR moral bedroom. Hypocrisy at it's most severe.

THEY SAID: I'm not a racist, I'm a realist. You can't handle the truth. Remove yourself from my LinkedIn connections.
I SAID: I just reread your email BLAST to ME again, I didn't deserve that one little bit. It's one thing to simply misunderstand what I'm saying, it's quite another to behave so unjustly. My dry sense of humor has been mistaken before, but this is the first time it wasn't by a 13 year old hormonal she-bully.

THEY SAID: What is your problem Meg?  I didn't get back to you in time, I was on the phone because I have a business I'm attending too.  Please explain to me what you are exactly trying to say.
Let me give you some advice, when you are being funny use LOL after what you write because people don't know when you are being funny or not, especially dry humor.

I SAID: I usually do when I think it could be mistaken. My paragraph was obviously not serious. You seem to have better access to it...reread it. I'm not the impatient one here, you told me to stay away from you forever because you misunderstood. Let me give YOU some advice, if you think that a person you've been aware of for years has suddenly annoyed you, obviously ou'

t of character and unexpectedly, see what they meant before you cut them out of your life forever. Also, I didn't care how long it took you to get back to me, I just thought about how long I've been your contact and I couldn't believe that you would end it over a misunderstanding. The more I thought about that, the more irritated I became.

OK, so what do you guys think? Was I being obtuse? Was I accusing my friend of "racism"? If I was wrong, I NEED to know. If my friend was wrong, THEY need to know. Help me out here folks.

UPDATE: I guess it's my bad. According to the latest response:

"Meg, this is such a non issue, it has nothing to do with what I am doing, I'm an investigative news reporter, when I send a email blast I am just seeing the reactions of people like you, however, I do not know you at all, we are just connected on LinkedIn, so right there you're off the charts. When you want to have an intelligent conversation or debate, you can call me, until then, take care."

OK, as I was always told by the abusive dude I dated last year, "You get mad for no reason!" I have a reason, I know when my feelings have been hurt or I have been angered. I don't allow people to tell me that MY issue is a non-issue...I take that for what it really is..."You've gotten me backed into a corner so since I have no logical answer to your statement, I will dismiss you and your feelings by saying, YOU HAVE NO REASON TO BE ANNOYED!"

BTW, beware of anyone who listens to you state your position and then responds by saying that you have no reason to be annoyed or that you are hurt over something stupid! Trust yourself, if your feelings have been hurt or if you've been angered, then your feelings are what they are, neither good not bad, they simply are what they are. You don't have to justify yourself and if someone would rather totally invalidate what you say to them regarding your feelings, know they're an idiot and would rather dismiss you than simply say, "I'm sorry if I made you feel badly."

Also, in case you didn't know, big important investigative news reporters are too busy to be civil.


2 Comments:

Blogger Glitterfluff said...

The friend was wrong, obviously. I don't even know you, but it was plain as anything that you were being sarcastic about the other people. But hey, this person has shown you they are a jerk and not worthy of being in your life. Ditch them. :-)

March 15, 2013  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Thank you! I didn't think it was the least bit confusing myself!

March 15, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home