.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A couple of thoughts

"We have a lot of evidence that marijuana use had something to do with the event," O'Mara said. "It could have affected his behavior."

AND I HAVE A LOT OF EVIDENCE THAT POT MAKES YOU MELLOW.

So...were I the defense in the Martin case, I wouldn't try to help the state. I dare you to find a jury full of people who don't know that all weed would have done is to make the kid less of a threat. Perhaps Trayvon DID smoke weed. Maybe he smoked it all day every day. Maybe he picked up a sack before he got the Skittles. Maybe he had just burned one with a friend. And maybe it DID affect his behavior. I'll give you that. But all it proves is that young Martin was NOT looking for trouble. People with a weed buzz are either paranoid or mellow. Neither one of those moods would provoke violence. So, if the kid was high, that's a nail in the defense's coffin.

So...he smoked weed? CASE CLOSED! Lock him up and throw away the key!


Also, I read an article about an article today. The original article was written by Russell Brand and the second article was written by Ben Shapiro. Brand wrote an article that basically made the point that terrorists are nuts and that Islam has nothing to do with terrorism. He actually made some pretty good points but then I read Shapiro's rebuttal and he also made some excellent points. It was an interesting article that you can read here if you'd like:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2013/05/27/Brand-blame-Woolwich-madness

Regardless of my views on that particular situation, I do agree that perhaps it's time to make up a new word. It should be a word that implies a person with a mixture of certain traits. The word will have no racial  connotations, it will actually be free of such bigotry by definition. I'll know that because I am going to define the word myself. But, the word will be exactly what Americans concerned about being politically correct need. So, may I introduce, for your verbal pleasure and ease of communication, musloon.

MUSLOON- A musloon is one who has a tendency to kill innocent people in the name of Muhammad. Musloons are not to be confused with peace loving Muslims. A musloon is a usually a male but precisely 0.011% of all musloons are females. Musloons are not to be confused with peace loving men. Musloons can be found in any part of the world, but the largest numbers of them are found in the Middle East. Musloons are not to be confused with peace loving Middle Easterners. Musloons also travel to any one of many locations and teach other musloons how to build bombs, how to blend in with normal society and how to hate those who do not follow their religious tenets. They believe that certain races deserve to be annihalated from the face of the earth. The term musloon is a respectful, non-racial and non-sexist term to be used when one is trying to communicate a valid thought without being offensive to anyone.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These days call someone a pot head and get it to stick and you can also claim he was on the grassy knoll firing the head shot that killed Kennedy and people will believe you. I have smoked gobs more pot than the law allows AND read catcher in the rye about 5,000 times and four out of four beatles would have survived a brush with my dope headed ways.

May 28, 2013  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

LOLOLOL. Exactly. On my Facebook page, someone said it would have affected him if he had run out. Amazing how people will judge with no experience or knowledge. I would say I can't know if I hadn't tried it.

May 29, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is easier to throw people in the trash than it is to have to face the fact that drug use is a symptom of a sick society rather than the cause of it.

May 31, 2013  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

It's worse than that. It has always been easy to throw people in the trash. The first rule in doing so with the blessing of society is to demonize the human being who is being trashed.

May 31, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home