.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, February 14, 2005

Are the horoscope writers reading my blog?

My horoscope for today:

If you are holding on to a feeling from the past, today may be the day that you can finally let it go. Don't be afraid to use a simple ritual to leave something behind that you no longer need. Light a candle, do a dance, say a prayer or stare at the stars -- but do something special. Afterwards, you can focus your intent on the present moment.

Do a dance? What dance? The jitterbug? The foxtrot? The Hokey-Pokey? I think I'll go with the "do something special". It gives me much more latitude. Hhhmmmm, what special thing can I do?

I know, I will leave it up to you all. Now, consider the fact that I am broke and unable to get a job without a car and I am in constant pain. Perhaps you could send me the instructions on how to create a voo-doo doll. Do you know where they sell dioxin, LOL? OH! Maybe you could send me a Valentine's gift! Lord knows I won't be getting one from my husband, even if we were still together. I could still use a dozen roses, a dozen, not 11. I prefer red but any color would do. But, I do like surprises so you could use your imagination. Now, one year Rick and I had a mouse problem. He gave me earrings that I thought were cats. He said, "No, they are mice, remember the mouse we had last fall?"

Thank God we didn't have cockroaches.

So, not to appear ungrateful, but no vermin, even if they are in the form of 10 karat gold. You might ask how that is "me doing something special". Well, receiving a gift would be terribly special to me as I have rarely gotten any since my marriage to Rick. And, then I could tell the world that I am worth the time and effort it takes to buy a Valentine gift. Or maybe, it would be you telling me that same thing.

Meg

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Promise me you'll buy yourself something... anything, okay?

February 14, 2005  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

OK girl,

If I have any cash left over after I buy a gumball, I will buy myself something. But I wouldn't count on the gumball.

Meg

February 14, 2005  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Stacey,


Just for you and because of you, I am going to do just that. I might take me out, I am so much fun to be with!

Meg

February 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home