.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Meg...

...OMG...that is so funny...guess I have bad taste in humor :-)John

I don't thinnk so, but I wanted to be sure to warn people who might be offended. I remember when comedy was funny and jokes were taken as they were intended, just as jokes. Then, about the time that Andrew "Dice" Clay come about, political correctedness kicked in. Comedy went downhill and I think it is finally coming back in new and innovative ways. We deal with tragedy with humor all the time, I think it is just a way to handle with things that we can't understand. I remember when All in the Family was the funniest thing on T.V.. When it came on in reruns during the time my youngest was in high school, I asked him to watch "this funny show". Within 5 minutes, he jumped up and said, "This is the most offensive ting I have ever seen!" What a shame, he wasn't here when we were all getting over the war between the races and we could all laugh at Archie Bunker and his ilk. Now, we can't laugh at certain things because it makes us feel guilty about it....and that is too bad.

Of course, Meg, you never said how the plumber fixed it. He may have used a plunger and now I look dumb. ;-)

They snaked the main line that goes from my house to the street. It was clogged with Depends that I didn't know were being flushed. Guy, you have never looked dumb. But the nut who asked if I ever thought of a plunger and if I used the toilet as a garbage disposal did appear a tad confused.

the Cutty Sark HAS kicked in.Oh come. You deserve better than Cutty Sark. (Most people do.)

The Cutty Sark is my step mother's. Personally, I prefer Chivas. I didn't know that Cutty Sark had such a reputation. Maybe some day I will tell you my Mad Dog 20-20 story. Doesn't everyone have one of those?

The constant bickering is a source of emotional stimulation that in a weird way, they crave, just to be stimulated.

Absolutely! There are far too many people who get some sadistic kick out of being a naggy ass bitch (male or female). It would be nice if they could find each other and leave us normal people alone.

Tomorrow I'm taking my girls all dolled up in their purim costumes over to an old age home with a bunch of other pre-schoolers and mommies. I'm really looking forward to it, and so are the girls.

How wonderful! I KNOW you had a wonderful time. I think more people should take their kids to visit old folk's homes occasionally. It is lovely for the residents, but it is an absolutely priceless opportunity for the kids.

Someone mentioned that I might be concerned about getting a date when I do start dating again. They seem to think that no man would want to take a chance of being my post of the day. Well, I am not worried. First of all, nobody knows who I am. Secondly, I wouldn't do that unless the guy did something so stupid that I couldn't help myself. And most men are going to think that they are a "good guy" and they would never be so rude as to end up on my blog. I submit that most men will think too highly of themselves to be blog material. I could be wrong, we will see.

Well, today wasn't a bad day at all. I was busy all day but I accomplished quite a bit. I went to the courthouse to fill out a paper that should release me from having to pay for the mediation. That is Thursday, it is court ordered and it cannot be stopped at this point. So...finally, I will have some idea of what the divorce terms will be and when I will be free!!!!! I can't wait!!!! Well, I am exhausted...gotta go to couch.

See ya tomorrow!

Meg

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Cutty Sark is my step mother's. Personally, I prefer Chivas. I didn't know that Cutty Sark had such a reputation.

Nah I was just being a whisky snob... I get no pleasure out of the blended stuff since I caught onto single malts... Lagavulin... Talisker... spooky shit.

I'm at a time of life where getting drunk doesn't appeal, and I'd rather drink half as much of something twice as good.

March 31, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your plumbing woes made me think about men's roles and women's roles.

This is supposed to be innate, men are supposed to take responsibility for certain stuff that women are allowed to cop out of, and vice versa. Me and my ex didn't believe in that, we tried to share responsibility for everything.

It doesn't work. It's like Communism : it's fine on paper but the reality is really horrible, because people don't actually work like that.

Anyway... I'm not terribly good at men's stuff anyway... I can change a tire, but I once ran my car out of oil till the engine seized... kept forgetting to check the level...

... that's the kind of guy I am...

... so though I got a sympathetic laugh out of that plumbing horror story, I don't judge you for it... !

March 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home