.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

To answer your question of how it came up, though, you were talking about going to a party dressed as the Pillsbury Doughboy and how people wouldn't even make eye contact with you because you just looked like a fat person.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that.

Yeah it is interesting, sadly so. I am treated differently depending on how I dresss and whether of not I have make up on. If I am dressed conservatively, people treat me with the respect with which that they should treat me...but the men are not as talkative as when I am wearing low rise jeans and a form fitting shirt. When I am not wearing make up, I don't get the smiles from men that I get when I do. Of course, the time that I dressed up as the Pillsbury Dough Boy was the most blatant example...no one would so much as make eye contact with me and it was in a setting in which, any other time, they would have been bugging me all night.

Whatever I am wearing and however much I weigh or appear to weigh, I am the same person. I think it is sad that people make such silly judgements based on appearance.

Well, I am not felling well right now...I am going to try to take a nap.

Have a good evening.

Oh, by the way, you guys are great. I like the way you all handled the situation, each taking responsibility for their own words and misunderstanding of them. Vex could certainly learn a lot from you all.

Meg

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Margaret,

You said, "I think it is sad that people make such silly judgments based on appearance."

But, basically this is all we have to judge anyone on in our interactions with them. In achieving any goals, in any society, it is your first visual impact that leads to success and keeps you there. So, how you present yourself is how the world will judge you, period.

March 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home