.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, March 14, 2005

Hi,

I am bored. I have been trying to do things on this computer and I am clueless. You guys all have one right there in front of you, why are there some sites that I can’t access? I go into the html code or whatever that is, edit what I have to edit and I hit preview and NEVER does that damn thing work. Why is that? I have been told that I have the black and white version of online service in AOL But, it’s all I know. Other than the occasional political chat room, I just use this thing for email. Well, until now, that is. I created this blog on Friday and it was on the Cruel site of the Day Monday morning. Imagine my surprise.

Now I use it all the time and I find that every time I do anything for the first time, it takes forever to get it figured out. I finally do figure it out but it is like algebra, I can’t explain my work. In math class, I always got half credit because I had the correct answer, but I never used the proper formula. I think I should have gotten EXTRA credit for figuring it out on my own, not half credit. But schools have their own ways.

When I was a kid the girls HAD to wear dresses. I remember my kindergarten teacher scolding the other “Margaret” in the class by pulling on MY dress and saying, “Now, this Margaret knows how to dress.”

I felt so badly for her. I doubt she chose her own clothes, I know I didn’t. I was in junior high when they passed some law that said we could wear pants. I don’t think it actually had anything to do with pants, I think it was some women’s lib law that got passed. Anyway, after that, the girls didn’t HAVE to take home economics and the boys didn’t HAVE to take industrial arts. Then all hell broke loose. We called it the 70’s. It was great.

It was a time when the cops didn’t bust you for possession of marijuana, they simply re-possessed your marijuana. You could have all the sex that you wanted without any fear of some hideous sexually transmitted diseases. Well, there was that genital herpes scare of ‘79 but the doctor assured me...they were just calluses. :)

Just kidding. I do that sometimes.

I spent most of the 70’s in love with Donny Osmond. And Peter Brady. Peter still looks good! I saw him on something as I was flipping through the channels the other day. I’d do him.

Donny, on the other hand, hasn’t lived up to my youthful recollections. I don’t know when it happened, but he lost me. Maybe it was Dreamcoat, maybe it was the whole game show host /Bert Convey hair thing he’s got going on, I don’t know.

Did any of you see that 70’s thing on VH1? They had a bunch of 20-somethings reminiscing about the 70’s. What was up with that? Did they think that we old folk wouldn’t recognize that these kids were younger than OUR kids? Couldn’t they find anyone who was there? I’ve been RIGHT here for years....they could have asked me. Jeez, I think they could have replaced those guys with the Partridge Family and it would have been more believable.

Well, now I have to act like those kids messed up my house this morning.

See ya later.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home