.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, May 16, 2005

I'm sorry to hear that you are sad today. I do hate being sad. Today, however, I'm anything but sad. :-D

Yes, and I am so sorry that I let my sad mood make me forget about your weekend. Well, there is a new love in this world today and I am very happy about that. Guy, you will have to tell us about her...what is it about her that makes her special to you? I bet you are smiling right this very moment. I feel like singing “There’s a Kind of Hush” in your honor right now. (Tell me you’ve heard of that one, please, I can’t be THAT old!)

I’m so glad that you met this lady, she is a very lucky chick indeed, and I am sure you are as well. If I had to give one piece of advice to anyone in a new relationship, it would be something I don’t think you need to hear but it is to never, under any circumstances, be deceitful. Notice I didn’t say, “Don’t ever lie.” That’s because some people are deceitful without technically lying and then they use that, “Well, I didn’t lie.” crap to justify themselves. Be open, honest and loving and nothing bad will happen between the two of you.

Now, I must say this, my father is in the living room, awaiting my arrival because he wants to “speak to me”. So, I must attempt to kill some time so that he may get tired and fall asleep. Now, how to do that without wasting ya’lls time...

OK, how about this, I am seeing a man on Wednesday night, we are going out someplace nice to dinner, I don’t know where yet, but he told me to dress to the nines so I think it will be good. He is the “witty” one who’s picture I posted earlier on this blog. I’m not exactly sure what his job title is, but he coordinates corporate buy outs. He lives in Palm Beach but he travels almost constantly and luckily, he spends a lot of time in Atlanta. He just flew into town this afternoon and is going to New York tomorrow and will be back Wednesday evening. Like I said, he is witty, very intelligent and acts his age. I mean that in a good way. He is 48 so he is a tad older than I. He is the type of guy who is straight forward and open. When I had a problem with something he did once, he called me and we straightened it out like adults. That’s something Vex could never do. If I wanted to let him know that I was concerned about something, he would become very angry. I think getting angry was his way of shutting me up because he knows I don’t like to argue nor do I like to get emotional. I prefer to discuss issues like adults and if it can’t be handled in a mature and civil fashion, then I won’t participate. Vex used that and the fact that (because of my history of being abused by men) I am terrified when a man gets angry in my presence. I am very even tempered and I like that in a man. The fact that he travels a lot is a good thing...I don’t want to rush into anything right now, especially considering the fact that I am still married. I almost took my rings off today, but I couldn’t do it. I don’t know why I am having a hard time with this, I know that my husband is with another woman and that he is not a nice person, to put it mildly, but I have this little voice in the back of my head saying, “You ARE a married woman.” And of course, I am. I have been separated for close to a year now but I still feel married. I hope it is only because I am and that this feeling will go away after the divorce but I still feel as though I am Vex’s wife. I realize that I am, technically, but this is more than that.

Maybe it is just because I have been with him for so long and I feel like his wife out of habit. I actually have guilt feelings when I go out on a date even though all of the men I have dated have respected the situation that I am in and don’t push anything sex-wise. I have been pretty lucky about that.

OH! By the way, they caught the guy who broke into my house. I was stunned, it was the second 29 year old that I dated, not John, the great guy, but the other one. Apparently he was drunk (I had never seen him take a drink in all the times we went out although he certainly could have. Apparently, for some odd reason, he wanted to see me and had been calling but received no answer. Thinking that I was blowing him off, he got stupid and came over. Supposedly he rang the doorbell, but I didn’t hear it. It IS possible that I just didn’t hear it at all and it is possible that he never rang it in the first place. It really doesn’t matter, but he said he just wanted to come in and wake me up, he had no intentions of harming me, he just wanted to come in. I guess he never knew that I was awake at the time. Anyway, in his drunken stupor, he kicked the door in. He said he didn’t mean to do so much damage, but he sure the heck did. I don’t even know how the police figured it out, I did give them a list of people that had visited me in the week preceding the break in. Anyway, that explains why he didn’t steal anything, he just wanted to “talk to me”.

Well, so much for the mutant.

I was sent a link from a friend of mine today that I found very interesting:

http://grouphug.us/confessions/800090471

It is a site where people go to confess there “sins”. It can be funny or sad, actually both. What an interesting idea...’ey?

Well, I can’t put dad off much longer so I guess I better go see what he has in store for me. Now, remember, when I was a kid and he lectured me, I would think to myself, “Just smack the hell out of me and get it over with.” That is no longer an option so I guess I have to just bite the bullet and go hear the man out. Damn, I hate being a grown up sometimes!!!

Meg

1 Comments:

Blogger Anne Arky said...

Meg said:

I almost took my rings off today, but I couldn’t do it. I don’t know why I am having a hard time with this

TWG said:
It could be that you invested a lot of time, emotion, and energy into a marriage. That's hard to let go.

Anne says:
Meg, I completely understand this. I spent the last three years of my five-year marriage way more committed to the marriage than to the man, and that was hard to give up.

May 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home