.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Rock on Meg.

Hey anonymous. I think you mean lose, moron......

Yeah, spelling that word is a challenge for some. I think her use of “loose” was a Freudian slip.

As just a reader to this blog, it would seem to me that Meg has gained much more than she has lost.Good riddance to that loser Meg. His skank can have him! LOLKeep on keeping on, it can only get better from here.

Absolutely. You know, when you waste your time on someone who IS truly a loser, (not a looser) you miss out on the good guys. They are all right there wondering why women stay with the bums. It’s kind of like something I have always told my kids. You will get a job from those that you apply for so apply for the good jobs!!!! And, you will get a man or woman from the ones that you associate with, so associate with people of substance! If you behave decently, you will attract decent people. If you sit behind the cash register and hit on all of the married men who come in to pump gas, you will eventually get pumped by one of them. There is no way that can be a good thing for anyone.

That doesn’t mean you’ve “won” anything. That just means that you are one of the less discriminate (it’s in the dictionary) females in the world.

This scum (Vex) breeds scum and he should be removed from society and be put with his kind....That reminds me...Confucius say: "War not determine who's right, war determines who's left." Get in touch with me if you need help.

Thanks Vet, but I think I've got this one covered. :)

I must admit to getting some sadistic pleasure knowing that Vex’s latest bimbo (let’s call her VLB), is such a moron. Like I said before, he isn’t THAT stupid, surely after being around a woman with a brain, he can see the difference. One of us was extremely smarter than he and the other, dumber than the red dirt of Georgia. Oh well, at least he found someone who makes him look GOOD by comparison. I doubt people will be asking HER what she is doing with such a loser. On the other hand, I have answered that question numerous times.

OK, that’s enough of them. I bought a web cam yesterday because I couldn’t find mine. Then, when I tried to install it, I couldn’t. I called every computer fixer-dude I knew and had them try to talk me through it but we couldn’t get that stupid thing to work. Whatever I did, I had nothing but a black screen show up on the camera window. My son came home and he looked at it. He found the problem within 3 minutes. The old camera was still attached to the computer and hanging off of the back of it. So, I can take the new camera back and buy something to wear in Vermont next week.

I am really looking forward to that trip. I am annoyed that I will be out of town when the article comes out in the paper. I know that it will be online and I know that other people can buy copies for me, but I still wanted to be in town when it came out. Oh well, if the worst thing I can say is that I will be on vacation when the article comes out, I can’t complain too much.

I watched the movie The Aviator recently (the Blockbuster here didn’t have Waiting to Exhale, which is what I went to get). I think I’d give it 3 stars (out of 5). It’s one of those movies that you spend waiting for something to happen but nothing ever does. But, movies can be good for many reasons. This one was good because of the acting. DiCaprio did a very competent job in the role of Howard Hughes, recreating a fine example of the hell that was Hughes’ life. Cate Blanchett did a superb role as Kathryn Hepburn. At first, I was taken aback at how little she resembled Hepburn, but I was amazed at her ability to speak and move like the actress did. The woman who played Hepburn’s mother gave a stellar performance as well. I spent the third hour of the movie looking at the clock and trying to figure out where they could go with this and how much longer it could last. Basically, the movie lasted about an hour too long, but like I said, the acting made it tolerable.

The movie is an historical account of the life of Howard Hughes. It begins with a scene of Hughes as a little boy with his mother. The scene was meant to imply that Hughes’ emotional problems stemmed from his maternal relationship. It’s difficult to garner much else from the scene, one could infer that he was sexually abused from what was shown. But, one could also deduce that she was just an whack job herself. Although I appreciate subtlety in a movie, I don’t enjoy the chore of trying to read between the lines when the lines are not at all very legible. But, it doesn’t really matter much, the scene was over in a few minutes and it really neither added nor detracted from the movie. Actually, they could have left that scene out entirely and you wouldn’t have missed a thing.

If you haven’t seen the movie yet, plan to watch it during the next hideous weather event that keeps you stranded in your house. Instead of wondering when “something” is going to happen, pay attention to DiCaprio and Blanchett. Those two must have spent weeks studying the characters they played. OH! Guy, Alan Alda is in this one! He does a superb job of playing a corrupt Senator investigating Hughes and his business activities. I believe I even saw Jude Law as some 20’s movie star whose name escapes me at the moment.

The fun in this movie is in the details. You’ll appreciate the work that went into recreating the 1920’s setting. Whoever that was playing the singer in the night club scene with Law gave a very interesting face to the performer he was pretending to be. The little red bellhop outfits made me feel badly for the real men who had to kiss their wives good bye as they left for work dressed those silky, scarlett ensembles.

Actually, all of the costumes were absolutely amazing. A movie-maker can only do so much with a true story and if the story is a relatively boring one, you have to work extra hard to make the movie palatable. These folks certainly did that.

Well, I have to get dressed and go shopping so I should take off. I’ll be back soon, I hope you’re having a great weekend.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home