.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, May 27, 2005

Isn't Peggy, Maggy or Marge short for Margaret? I never heard of anyone named Margaret calling themself Meg

Well, I don’t know. Hell, they are all nicknames for Margaret. As are Gretchen, Greta and Margo. Personally, I like Maggie. But I didn’t come up with Meg, it got stuck on me. Now, does the nice man who named me Meg want to stand up and let himself be known?

When I was in high school, I went by Margie. My father’s family calls me Peggy. My father calls me Margaret. My kids call me Mom. My full given name is Margaret Ruth Broderick. If you add my married names, it is Margaret Ruth Broderick Cardis Colletti Kelso. Any other questions regarding my name, anonymous person?

Meg

3 Comments:

Blogger Anne Arky said...

...And no matter which one you use, they all mean "Pearl".

May 27, 2005  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

See why I love you? You are a pearl yourself.

Meg, Margaret, Peggy, Margie, Mom, bitch and whatever other name you care to attach. I can still be as sweet as honey or as nasty as the bite of the brown recluse. It's all in the eye of the beholder. Some would say, "She's as crazy as a shithouse rat" (which I loved by the way.) and others would say, "She's always a woman to me."

May 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just call me NotHimorHer though anonymous...doesn't seem to give an option to use a name if you're not registered someplace at the blog site! ;)

Hmmm I'd never heard of Maggy as a nick for Margaret but have known of several Megs...go figure!

Take care, sweetie. You go, pearl-girl. :)

May 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home