.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, August 29, 2005

OK, my buddy came over yesterday...

...you know, the one who never shows the least bit of affection? This is a guy who wanted to go out with me a few years ago but I was married and couldn’t Then, last summer he stopped by and asked how my marriage was going and I told him that we were “working on it” because Rick didn’t want me to see anyone else while he was banging Gail and Robyn. So, now Rick is gone and my friend can call me whenever he wants to, he can come over anytime and he can even plant a big kiss on my cheek...but he just comes over and hangs out as though I was his sister. OK, I give, I have another brother. I can just wait for the cute guy to call again, he’s much easier to figure out.

The hurricane is coming on land right now, we have gotten clouds from it but nothing else yet. I prefer a blizzard to this crap any day. I watched the news for a little while but I became bored watching idiots standing in the path of the hurricane telling us how dangerous it is. One guy stood out in a parking lot, rain cutting into his face and wind blowing him over, and he actually said, “I spoke to a few of the more stubborn residents...” and told a story about some guy who had no intention of leaving his dogs. Well, at least the dog dude won’t have his death on television, standing there in the rain one minute, shooting through the sky the next.

Why can’t these people take their dogs? They always talk about the pets that are left behind...why do they all leave the animals behind? I would always take my dog and cat...the fish would be a challenge, but the mammals could come with me. Hell, I’d rather have a big dog next to me than a pile of clothing in that situation. I don’t even lock the car door when the dog is in it, only a true idiot would approach a car with a very large dog in it. Not that my dog would do anything, he might bark, but I don’t know what he’d do if that didn’t work. I don’t think he knows either.

Anyway, I can’t think of much that I wouldn’t leave behind in exchange for my pets, so it can’t be for space, can it? Is there a law against taking your pets with you? Why are all of these animals left behind like that?

Wouldn’t that suck? How would you like to be a dog and watch the entire family evacuate quickly and then leave you behind? Then, when the storm starts, you figure it out...”Oh, THAT'S what they were worried about!” Poor doggys. I don’t know why they all get left behind.

I lost a cat to the clothes dryer once, I didn’t do it, I was in bed and awoken with the news...but when I got this cat, I tossed him in the dryer and spun him around a few times. Not enough to hurt him, just enough to scare the hell out of him. He has never, in 5 years, gone into that dryer.

And, I haven’t had to put him in there again either, he got the message the first time. He never goes outside, even if the door was open, he wouldn’t leave. He’s only left the house twice, once he returned with no fingernails and the next time he returned with no balls. He doesn’t know the reason or why there is a connection between leaving the house and losing body parts, but he does seem to learn quickly and stays in the house at all times. He does like to look outside, the window is sort of his TV. I think he understands his TV more than he does mine. He walks around my TV trying to see where the people are. He’s even gone looking in the closet on the other side of the wall trying to figure out the TV. I don’t know what he thinks about the cats on his TV, he must think that they are like Charles Bronson or Harrison Ford...just crazy animals out there doing things that he would never do.

I bet he would hate to see a flood coming up to the house. We don’t live near a river but I bet it could happen. Enough rain would flood anything and I would hate to think of my cat looking out the window, wondering why the water is all over. Oh, that gives me an idea...see ya.

meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home