.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, October 31, 2005

I just got home...

... and traffic was a nightmare this morning. I was driving along, just going with the flow of traffic when I realized that I was going 85 MPH. I wasn't acting all Speed Racer this time, I was just blending in. I couldn’t imagine what all these people were speeding to see. Well, eventually, I did find out. There was a bunch of cars going about 4 MPH and apparently, everyone was in a hurry to watch them do that. Since everyone else slowed down to watch the backs of the slow cars, I did too. It was not at all interesting so I don’t know what the rush to watch it was.

I have driven cars on 3 continents and with the possible exception of Paris, Atlanta has the unqualified worst drivers on this planet. They put up these silly signs that say things like 65 or 70. It’s not even April Fool’s Day. I think those cops have one helluva nerve giving me tickets for speeding, there isn’t a soul in this state that goes the speed limit.

It’s an absolutely beautiful day outside but it was a little chilly when I left so I wore my new jacket. I started thinking about when the last time I had such an expensive coat and oddly enough, it was right before I married Rick. I was given a lovely fox stroller (back in the day when they didn’t dump pig blood on you for wearing such things) the winter before I married Rick. The entire time we were married, I wore fleece jackets when it was cold. I did get a new coat once, but it was a cheap coat that was so large that it consumed me. It’s only been a week but I am enjoying my divorce more and more every day.

Rick used to say that he missed the “happy, self confident woman” that I was when he married me. I told him that if he would act like he wanted me and that I wasn’t worthless, I might feel better about myself. Shame on me for letting that happen. Anyway, I couldn’t be happier and I don’t feel the least bit worthless anymore.

Like I’ve said before, I’m not the least bit cryptic...when I want something or feel badly about something, I just come out and say it. I told him that if he would make love to me occasionally and treat me like a woman, I would be happier. But instead, he chose to go out and hide in trailer parks with some nasty wench with no more ethics than he has.

And do you BELIEVE that I BEGGED him to make love to me? I literally BEGGED a man to make love to me! I still can’t believe that I did that.

AND...I begged him to stay with me until I was healthy and could go back to work. OMG, sometimes I freak out imagining what my life would be like had he stayed. I was terrified to face the world alone. I was absolutely positive that I would never survive if he left. The doctors had given me a 50/50 chance of surviving and I just knew that there was no way that I could fight cancer alone. Well, here I am and he’s in Montana. Since the day he left, the only time that I’ve set eyes on him was in the mediation session. If I never see him again, I will be just fine AND dandy. Today I have to go have a couple of tests run to see if the radiation has worked. I have a feeling that the divorce worked.

I sincerely believe that had he stayed, and had I continued to allow him to treat me like dirt, I would be six feet under right now. My biggest fear turned out to be what saved my life, literally.

I don’t want to advocate divorce, I think that it’s an awful thing. But if anyone else is putting up with someone who makes them feel badly about themselves, I think a divorce is certainly in order. There is no way that I could have ever foreseen how happy I would be with that albatross out of my life. I was devastated to think that he would rather pay me a bunch of cash then to stay married to me. Now, I’m just pleased as punch when I get those money orders/checks.

I’m happy, I’m confident and trust me, I AM a woman. I’m definitely worth having and I would hate to be Rick when he realizes what he’s done and what he’s lost. It would be like getting drunk out of your mind, deciding to rob a bank, getting caught, waking up in jail with a hangover and facing years of misery. I’ve seen some of his women and I feel quite confident in saying that he will never, ever have one as good as the one he threw away.

He wanted to be rid of me so badly that he was willing to pay me $800 a month and keep me insured. Well, now all I need is for him to pay me.

This happy, self confidant woman wants a new pair of boots to match my new jacket and a nice teddy for my new man.

See ya,

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home