.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Oh well...

...another marriage down the tubes. What are you gonna do? I guess the odds were pretty bad from the start. I had heard about the 50% marriage failure rate. I thought that the first one was my 50% of failure. I'm batting a thousand here. It could have been worse, I could have been some Hollywood type and the odds would have gone down about 99%. I don't know why those people even bother.

50% of a packed Turner Field will be divorced. That's a lot of attorneys. I have noticed that Presidents seem to have a pretty good success rate in the marital arena. I guess it's dreadful form to divorce a President...no matter how many women he screwed in the Oval Office. A blow job isn't isn't sex...I bet he'd change his tune if he caught someone sucking on Hillary's dick.

Although I've seen divorced men become President, I've never seen a woman divorce a President. Wouldn't that suck? Have your wife leave you sitting all alone in the Lincoln Bedroom? I guess a divorce would be a bad thing for both people involved...that's the only explanation for the successful marriages of the most egotistical, arrogant men on the planet. The wife's have got to have some reason to stay with these guys. Maybe they like the idea of being buried next to a National Landmark or maybe they are really into powerful men and can't give up that Presidential whoopy. I could see that.

Preachers all seem to stay married. And when they do get divorced, it's usually on television and someone is headed to prison for conspiracy to purloin. But, from Presidents to movie stars, you never can tell. You have people like Newman staying married to his wife forever and ever. And the wives of every Hollywood dude who falls to infirmity of any sort are always a loyal lot. Did you ever see a woman leave a man like Christopher Reeves or Michael J. Fox? Nope. Even Hudson's lover stayed by his side. But heterosexual men, I don't think hang for as long. Of course, we rarely get the opportunity to find out, but an awful lot of Hollywood stars of the female persuasion seem to die single.

One way or another, I'm sort of anxious to have my 50% successful half of the marriage thing. I'm not in a hurry to get married. I can't believe that I'm even saying that because I thought I was married. Oh well, I'm almost not. It's just that I've had two shitty marriages and now I'm ready to try one of those good ones.

I got a bunch of weeds and honeysuckle cleared off of my fence. It made a clear spot out there. As much more room as I seem to have, I bet I could double the size of that yard if I cleared some of the rest of it out. Ya hear that, Todd? Do you by any chance have a pair of hedge trimmers? I suppose they won't let you on the plane with those things. If you can't trim your moustache, I doubt they'd let you trim some hedges. I'll tell you what, I'll supply the garden equipment if you do the work. And you only have to work as long as it takes me to make you dinner. I bet you could get quite a bit accomplished in that time period if you applied yourself. :):):)

Well, I stare at the computer trying to think of something to say until the screen saver comes on. If I can't think of anything before that thing pops up, I have no business pushing these keys. So, since Sponge Bob just went "bdlup", I have to go.

See ya,

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home