.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Well, Happy Friday to you all!

I’m sober again. I’m even over the hangover. It wasn’t a bad one but I just hate that feeling. So, I drank early, got wasted early, went to bed early and woke up sick in the middle of the night. I took my sure thing hangover cure:

1. A big glass of water.

2. 2 aspirins (although if you have vicodin, codeine or percocet, those work better and I did.)

3. Glass of orange juice (this step is not necessary if the hangover was caused my screwdrivers or Harvey Wallbangers. Also, vitamin C tablets will suffice in the absence of OJ.)

4. A Watchamacallit candy bar (That is my personal favorite, you could really use any of the chocolate, caramel or nougat mixtures available at any store in the world.)

5. 1 cup of very strong coffee

6. 2-0.5 mg. xanax

Add ingredients, one at a time, to stomach. Lie down. Close eyes. Go back to sleep.

See that’s why I have to start early. I don’t want to have the entire day wasted nursing a hangover. So, I started early yesterday and now I’m fine as wine!

I just checked and I actually spelled Whatchamacallit right on the first try. I didn’t even peek at the wrapper. I did verify the answer with the wrapper, so I was right.

I’m a good speller. My parents should have entered me in spelling bees. They had 6 kids and being the oldest, after the second kid was born when I was 14 months old, they sort of forgot about me. Anyway, I wish I had the encouragement from my parents that I tried to give to mine.

That’s a really, really good idea. For some kids, those types of things seem to be such a daunting task that without the encouragement of a parent, they wouldn’t ever have the confidence to enter certain competitions. So, if you have kids, tell them that they CAN do it, whatever IT is in their lives. If you don’t know, ask them. Find out what it is they’d like to do and tell them that they can do it and that you will help them do it. (Without overdoing the help, of course.)

Damn, I sure can digress, can’t I? I go off on these tangents and sometimes I never come back to what I was saying in the first place. I don’t know how some of you can call this “good writing”, I feel as though I am rambling. This is just what’s going on in my head, put down into words.

That’s all any of it is. I spend most of my time home alone. That is of course, if I’m not at traffic court. And when I’m alone, I think A LOT. That’s why it was so hard for me to believe Rick’s answer to my query, “Whatcha thinking about?”

“Nothing.”

I used to think that was impossible, I’m ALWAYS thinking about something. Even if I’m just contemplating my belly button, my mind is always at work. I tried to think about nothing once. It took a while but for one nanosecond, I did it. It scared THEE HELL out of me. That one infinitesimal flash of brain emptiness literally freaked me out. I was afraid my brain would stop and never start again.

Apparently, the Empty Brain Syndrome is NOT one of Rick’s phobias.
I’ve spoken to a lot of people in the past year, not all necessarily as bright as I prefer, but not morons either. I love it when they talk. Rick never did. I had to carry the conversation for 24 years all by myself. It’s so foreign to me to actually LISTEN. I like it. And when I’m lucky enough to speak to a REALLY bright person, I just LOVE it. I knew there were smart people in America, I just couldn’t find them from in front of the television.

So anyway, all of the things I write are the things I think about. I started writing my thoughts down because I had no one to tell them to. I sat here alone for a few months thinking when I was really sick. Rick left in September and I didn’t start writing things down until January. Up until then, I just thought to myself.

Sometimes I even interview me. I’m a fascinating interview. I have so many important things to say.

Well, I’m gonna go think some more. But this time it will be about Todd and I can’t write those things down. :):):)

See ya,

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home