.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Do you have yahoo Instent messenger?

Nope. I don’t. I do have MSN but I never go there because when I do, I”m inundated with IM”s from every single person that I’ve ever been dumb enough to give my MSN screen name. I don’t get that. I end up with 8 chats happening at the same time. That’s so exhausting in itself, going from one chat window to the next trying to remember who is who.

I try not to be rude but there’s no other way to do that. I sign on and within 5 minutes, I just do the computer version of “hanging up” on people, I just sign off and disappear from all of those screens.

I know that these people are not just sitting there waiting for me to sign on. They must be speaking to someone already and even if I did want to speak to you...I don’t want to be one of those stupid windows...I want to be the ONLY window. I am so over-solicitous in trying to answer people in a prompt and attentive manner. I think it’s just plain polite. My father always taught us to be “gracious” in all situations and I DO try. It doesn’t always work, by I do certainly try to behave affably whenever I can.

So, I expect it in return. I can tell when I’m one of a few windows because the guy takes a while to answer. Their words are very sincere, obviously they have done quite a bit of window juggling. I can juggle emails, but not IM’s.

I might have been able to handle it briefly when I first had internet access. Everything was so new and cool...I did it all. I went to chat rooms, I went on message boards, did the IM’s...all of it. Now, I realize that you could spend your entire life online if you chose to so I have to cut some of these things out and IM’s are one of them. But there are such large numbers of men who want to IM that I have to wonder what they’re after. I suppose it’s no big mystery, there must be some sort of sex involved, even if it’s just sex chat, sex is certainly at the root of such crapola.

I don’t want to be part of an IM harem...one of many women kept on that computer screen, never to be seen or heard from again. How dare they do that to me? What the heck are people thinking?

What ever happened to dates? Don’t people do that anymore? I don’t mean meeting on the puter dates, I mean dinner and a show dates. The stuff that Wally and the Beav did back in the day when everything was in black and white.

Men seem to be saving some cash by just doing their courting online. Where are they spending all of that extra money? I’m not a materialistic woman, but I do like to be taken out to dinner like I used to be. Now, it seems like these guys want to totally eradicate the first few dates by replacing it with a few IM conversations. Most of these yahoos don’t even want to spring for phone calls and they certainly have no interest in meeting these women although I’ve noticed that and alarming number of men who say that they want a “long term relationship”...end up IM’ing a person with no plans for meeting...ever. It just isn’t addressed as though this had been intended to be a relationship existing only in IM’s. The men have done it so many times that they don’t even realize that they are jumping straight into their “relationship of choice” phase without so much as touching upon the “getting to know who the hell you are” phase of even the lowliest of “social relationships”, the exclusively IM online relationship (Something I like to call EIO.). They treat us all as though we are prostuter’s...loose women of questionable morals, who throw caution to the wind with their laissez-faire attitude towards computer sex.

Like Bill Clinton before them, they believe that computer sex is not actually SEX. I would like to submit that if there is an erection involved, and certainly a...as Howard Stern would say...Warm Pudding sensation involved as well...you, my friend, are having sex. Especially if pictures have been exchanged, pictures that show things that are supposed to be covered by a bikini or a speedo. I categorically despise receiving pictures of it “IT” and the other body parts that men are so proud of showing off. There is every possibility that there may come a day when I need such a picture, but I can’t for the life of me imagine when or why.

So, as you can see, there is no benefit to my participation in these IM relationship. The entire thing is to difficult for me to deal with, first of all.

Second of all, I have this feeling that I am being used for puter sex by a man who doesn’t want to pay so much as he wants to just get “a nut”.

And, there's that "I want a long term realtionship" that they purport to want. I hate a liar and expecially one who is using his lies to manipulate people into having esex. And, they use the worst kind of manipulation, they take the feelings of a lonely person, and promise them that they are searching for a long term relationship when in reality, all they want is a romp on cyber-land. Shame, shame, shame's your name!

See ya,

Meg

PS....I was exhauted writing this because I had wokred all night. I should be back later and hopefully, I'll be more alert:):):)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home