.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

You know...

...sometimes I can be so smart. And other times I can be an idiot. I posted something and put another person's name on it without checking the validity of the work and that was not too bright. The person who sent it to me is such a trusted friend that I had no reason to think that it was made up. I should have considered the possibility that she was mislead, especially when I read the piece. George Carlin did NOT write the post that was attributed to him. As I was reading it, I thought briefly to myself that it was pretty bad for Carlin but then I thought, "Well, maybe he just isn't funny when he's emotional."

It didn't occur to me that he was ALWAYS funny until I received an email from Marc, a blog buddy of mine who I've e-known for months now. He is a Carlin fan and trusted his own instincts more than I trusted mine. He found that, not only didn't Carlin write that piece, he has gone out of his way to distance himself from it. So, I just deleted it.

Sorry about that.

OK...I have to go to the grocery store...it's not far enough away to build up any speed at all so I should be safe.

See ya,

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home