.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

OK...

...I’m up and headed to court. This should be fun. I just can’t wait. The last time that I went to court for this particular ticket, they had lost the paperwork so I’m hoping that they still haven’t found it. I don’t usually have that much luck so I will probably be sentenced today.

You guys could all send me really, really positive vibes starting now...and maybe that will help. Maybe not. I am at that point where I need to figure out what to wear and I’m all mixed up about that decision. I never know whether or not to go for the sweet little woman look or the cute little hottie look. A wrong decision could backfire on a person...and badly...so I have to give this some serious thought.

And then...I have to hope that there’s a man on the bench. You can almost guess about a man but with a woman judge, I have no clue what to do.

In my recent court appearances there was one woman judge and she turned on her radio to listen to R & B during the pleadings. I thought that was a good sign. I like a judge with such little decorum. They usually have a pretty good attitude, male or female. I don’t want a judge that’s all serious...they are likely to send a person up the river for any little thing that might happen.

Damn...I can’t remember what time my court date is. I think it’s at 8:30 but I could be wrong. I’ll show up at 8:30 and hope for the best. I hope it’s still Thursday. I fell asleep on my couch yesterday (I think it was yesterday) watching the Star Wars movie something about the Sith. I don’t know what happened...the last thing I saw, Darth Vader was killing the guy from Pulp Fiction.

Anyway, I fell asleep that day and just woke up. I’m assuming that it’s 6 am Thursday. And...if it is, I have to go to court and answer for what I did last May. I’ve been pretty lucky so far...I've had one continuance after another and the last time, the prosecutor people got the continuance so that they could look for the paperwork from the ticket that I got last spring. So, this is were I am hoping that they had a bit of bad luck. You never know...it could happen.

I don’t know what Georgia considers a speedy trial so I don’t know if I can bitch that they aren’t giving me one. I sort of begged this off myself for a while so I don’t know if I could turn it back on the State.

Oh well. We shall see.

Back to what I should wear. I’m not sure at all. I do have to take a shower so I will start with that and then I’ll stand naked in front of my closet waiting for some divine inspiration. I don’t have a nun’s habit so I can’t go with that look. I’m not much of a nun anyway so I wouldn’t know how to pull that look off. I would have figured this out earlier in the week but I was busy with the other police guys. Oh, by the way, they said that they would be looking for me and they weren’t kidding. The other night, I had my son drive me to that town and once we got off of the interstate, there were 4 cops hiding in parking lots that turned out of their hiding places to follow us. I guess they were mighty disappointed that I didn’t drive myself. They couldn’t stop us for anything. I waved as we passed them...not sure whether or not there was a law against flipping the bird at a cop. Is there? I need to know. I have a few cops that I’d like to flip off right now.

But, not today. These are Marietta City cops and I like them. They are so good to me most of the time that I don’t get too upset when they take me to court. I kind of asked for this one.

Once again, I know that there are reasons for the laws that they put on the books but I think that there is far too little discretion available to the judge when it comes time to sentence people. I don’t think that they should be able to spend a bunch of cash jailing people who committed the crime of not paying a fine. There isn’t supposed to be debtor’s prison in America but there is...isn’t there? If you don’t pay a debt that the court asked you to pay, you can go to jail and that’s not really what they built the jails for in the first place.

And then you have people getting elected to office based upon their rantings over crimes and misdemeanors. I think that’s pretty sorry but what do I know. I’ve never been elected to anything since student council back in 1971. And all I had to do then was pass out a bunch of lollipops.

OK...I can’t put this off any longer...I must go to court now. Yikes.

See ya....I hope.

Meg

OH! By the way...I just got an email from someone who sent me that George Carlin thing only this time it was written by Ted Nugent. I don't know why...but people do stupid things like this. I have done dumb things like that. Once I made up a screen name that was the name of a chick on All My Children and I had a bunch of people emailing me thinking that I was Marcy Walker. Then, I went to the All My Children web site and found that I had been "outed" on the world wide web. It seems as though there were a few people smart enough to ask questions. So, it's true that you can't fool all of the people all of the time. But...you can fool a bunch of them for a while anyway. OK, court...yeah, I have to go to court. OK...I'm going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home