.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I spent the night...

...in the hospital with Nurse Ratchett and now I’m home. I had a bad night last night and had to go to the emergency room. There was this hideous nurse there who was actually a BITCH to me. When she started the IV, she used my wrist and hit a nerve with the needle. Why she put it in my wrist, I do not know...but she did and I wanted to smack her.

I don’t usually tell people that I’m a nurse when I go to the hospital because they say stupid stuff like, “You’re a nurse, you should know better.” When I’m in the hospital, I’m not a nurse.

But this time, I had to say something because the nurse was SUCH a bitch and she kept doing dumb stuff like sticking me so many times when she obviously couldn’t do it. As a rule, you never stick a person more than twice. If you can’t do it in two sticks...you need to get someone else. So...after the fourth stick, I had to say something. But, she already had the needle in my wrist, sending sharp nerve pain down to my finger.

So...I shouted out to her...”Where in the hell did you go to nursing school? The Middle Eastern School of Saddam?”

She was not pleased and just kept getting meaner. So, I called her supervisor from my little ER room. That woman came down and saw to it that I had another nurse. But, apparently, they were all mad at me by that time and I had the worst time I could have possibly had so I took the IV out of my arm and left. I just walked my ass out of the hospital and went home. They haven’t called yet, I wonder if they think that I’m still there and waiting for food.

Nurses and doctors might make the worst patients...but that’s only because they can see what you’re doing wrong and call you on it. I saw what they were doing wrong AND...I called them on it.

Whatever...I won’t be going to that hospital again.

Unless of course I do what I did last night. I got myself arrested.

Yep...I did.

Guess what for?

Speeding?

Yep.

Driving on a suspended license...yes.

I wasn’t in Marietta so I didn’t know these cops. And, they didn’t know me.

When the cop told me that I was going to be arrested, I asked if I could take my heart medicine first. He asked what it was for...DUH! I told him it was for my heart.

Then, at the police department, I had a panic attack and the cops thought I was having a heart attack so they insisted that I go to the hospital. I told them that I would be fine after a few minutes, but they insisted and realizing that my options were the hospital or jail...I chose the hospital. When the doctor said that she was going to admit me, the cops decided not to take me to jail. They gave me an I-bond and left.

Then I was left all alone with the nurse from hell. So...after a brief attempt to wait out the wench nurse...I decided that I didn’t like the facilities so I left. I just got up, took out my IV and booked.

What a day I’m having!

Then, I came home and Rick called. He’s been having a bit of bad luck himself so I listened to him for a while and then he asked what was new with me. So, I told him.

As I was speaking to him, I was also trying to get online and I couldn’t. The next thing I knew, I was waking up on my living room floor. It took a minute to figure out where I was and then it took another minute to remember what had happened. It was NOT a nightmare, it really happened.

And then...after I thought about it for a minute longer, other things came to mind. Like the last thing that Todd said to me after we spoke last night..."Remember not to speed." I wish I would have remembered it last night. I'll be hearing about it when he calls me tonight, that's for damn sure. It's amazing how much fear a man can evoke from hundreds of miles away. Oh well. I doubt he'll do anything too bad...although he certainly has at least one, "I told you so." coming. I hate those. Especially when they're right.

So, for those keeping track...it’s three court dates now. One is Thursday, another is in early December and this one is in February. I’m not sure what I’ll be doing in January...but I’ll think of something. Maybe I’ll finally get to jail! Ya think?

See ya,

Maybe.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home