.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, November 28, 2005

I finally did it...

...I cleaned my entire bedroom. Then, I slept on my own bed, underneath 8 blankets. That was nice and cozy. Who needs a man in there when you have so many blankets? Not me. They’d probably just pull most of them off of me. One nice thing about sleeping alone is that I barely have to make the bed when I get out of it. I just pull the blankets back over to the pillows on my half and the other half hasn’t been touched. This is cool.

I woke up at 3 something and started drinking coffee. Of course, there isn’t much to watch at that time of the “day”, so I ended up watching Elimi-date. That show has got to be the biggest slap in the face to women’s lib since the movement started. 4 silly, giddy little girls all surround some dude who may or may not be a criminal. Then, they all get catty with each other, putting each other done as though there was actually a prize to be won in this show. The “prize”, if you could call it that, is a date with some dude, the likes of which you could find on any street corner in any town in this country.

It should be called Elimi-class. These chicks make themselves look like idiots, all for the sake of a guy who will, inevitably, choose the “hottest” chick there. There’s no reason for any of the prelimi-date other than to watch the women insult each other. After all of the girl harass each other, the guy is left with the one who he knew from the start would win, the one with the biggest boobs.

If my daughter ever tried something like that, I would have to screw it all up by sneaking onto the set and dragging her out by her ears. I doubt she is tacky enough to do something like that, but if she got a wild hair and tried it, I would have to put a stop to it quickly.

I don’t see anything different from the days before women’s lib except that women are sleeping around more and they are all working. Who’s idea was that? Was that the plan from the beginning? Just let the men have all the sex they want and then let them off the hook for supporting us? Thanks Gloria, I needed that.

Who was bitching in the first place? Who said, “You know, I’m sick of my husband working everyday and bringing me the cash...I want to work so that we can get ourselves in debt up to our eyeballs.” And of course, don’t forget, “I want to sleep with all the guys I want to, who cares if they respect me...respect never paid the bills.”

It’s not that I haven’t had my moments where I felt like that, but I certainly wouldn’t mention it to anyone. I think that nowadays, too many women have forgotten the art of keeping their mouths shut at the appropriate times.

It’s fine to say what’s on your mind when everything is going well in a relationship...but when things start going downhill and there doesn’t seem to be anything that you can do to fix it, a smart woman just keeps her eyes open and shops a bit more. I’m not talking about married people...I mean couples who are dating. When a guy treats you great after you first get together, he lets you in on a secret. He does know HOW to do it. So, when he stops treating you all sweet and special, it’s a huge difference.

There’s no sense bitching at him, that’ll only give him a reason to bitch back at you and tell you what you’ve done to deserve the rotten treatment that he has been giving you. So, don’t say a word. Just act like your regular sweet self and then, as you keep your eyes open, sooner or later, someone who appreciates you will come along. Now THAT’S women’s liberation.

Not begging for them to treat you right, not trying to make THEM happy when it is reciprocal, not buying him things...if you have to resort to such things you have already lost. So, just smile, be the fun woman that he liked at first and then one day, you’re just gone.

Watching that show is like everything is all upside down. You have 4 women gushing all over some freaky guy who the girls wouldn’t look at twice in a bar. But, call it a competition and you have 4 childish girls, all vying for the attention of the guy who is soaking up every single bit of it.

Silly girls, don’t they know that if they just sat back and enjoyed themselves, having fun at whatever they’re doing, the guys will come? That’s what guys like...women who know how to have fun. Big boobs always help of course, but for the long run, a chick who can be happy and fun loving will win every time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home