.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I have no business being up at this hour but I can't sleep. I hate that. I've tried. I even tried listening to the History Channel but that didn't do it. The repeat of Larry King didn't do it. So, here I am.

Worrying.

I was worrying about my daughter. Sometimes I just do that for no particular reason. So, anyway, I couldn't sleep.

I remember worrying about my kids when they learned to drive...I became much, much closer to the Lord. To this day, I pray for my children on a daily basis. It never ends and I know it never ends because at work I met a woman who was, at that time, a million years old and she told me that it never ends.

There was the group of "residents" at work, a group of alert ladies and they all rolled their wheelchairs to the end of this one particular hall. They would chat for hours. I'm sure that it made them feel more "normal" in a situation that is most definitely NOT normal to these women.

I walked past them one day and one of them caught my arm and said, "I'm worried about my daughter, can you help me call her?"

"Of course!", I responded and began to wheel her down the hall, to the phone at the nurses station. As we went down the hall, the million year old lady said, "She left almost an hour ago and she hasn't called me. It's only 30 minutes to her house, she should have called me by now!"

Still somewhat concerned, but nowhere near as alarmed a moment before, I asked, "How old is your daughter?"

She answered, "65."

I couldn't believe it. I said, "You mean it never ends?"

She looked at me knowingly and answered, "No, it never does."

So, that's how I know that it never ends.

Ain't that a bitch?

Well, on that note, I think I can go to sleep now.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home