.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Some people can be so stupid...

...and if you have to have a person obsessed with you, it's best that they be a stupid person. My personal online obssessor isn't too bright. She has friends who, while not much brighter, are smart enough to take their time in an attempt to stalk/harass me. One nut who has been slowly taking their time it befriend me made me an offer after I posted that I couldn't retrieve the comment tool for this blog. She made me a "friendly" offer:

" Also I'm off work this weekend & if you want I can fix your blog to where you have the comments back. You'd have to put me on as a team member of your site & give me rights to change your template & then you can take me back off."

I don't know why she thought that I would be stupid enough to give her access to the working section of this blog, but she was. There are 3 people that I've trusted with that information, my daughter, my friend Anne, and a guy who I was dating. Not one of them messed anything up and I would still trust them with the information. There are a few others who, if I thought that they could fix the comments, I would trust. Other than that, I wouldn't give anyone else that info anymore than I would give them my jewelry.

I hope there isn't anyone reading this who would waste their own time and energy hating people. It's just so negative and it saps you of your time and energy, not to mention the fact that you could be doing something positive with that time.

There's a saying that goes something like this, "The opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference." I'm very indifferent to my ex and I usually don't think much about him at all. I know that I don't love him. I DO, on the other hand, love my children and on their father's birthday, Father's Day and other appropriate holidays, I remind them to call him or send a card. When they arrive at my home after a long trip, I tell them to call their father so that he doesn't worry.

I don't do any of that because I care about him one way or another, I do it because I want to raise decent children. My concern for them far outweighs any negative feelings that I have for their father.

There was a time when I would say nasty things about my ex in front of the kids and that was a very, very long time ago. But the last time I did something like that, my son was crying and I did that to him. I couldn't believe what I was doing and, after I did it, I swore that I'd never do it again. I haven't. And, I wouldn't.

The kids tell me some of the things that are said about me in that household and while it doesn't bother me anymore than a cup of spilled milk on another continent, it does bother me that the kids have to put up with that bullshit.

The obssessor will only treat my children decently if the kids participate in the "mom bashing". If they refuse, they are belittled and hollered at until they break down in tears. Sooner or later, children do grow up and they see the situation and the nuts for what they are.

There's no reason to speak ill of an ex in front of the kids, ever. And, that behavior is usually banned in divorce decrees. I met a woman in jail who was in some sort of battle with her ex and she was telling us what she was going to tell her kids (bad stuff about the father) when she got out of jail. My friend Melissa and I tried to talk her out of it but we could tell that the lady wasn't listening to us at all.

There are parents all over the world who, as we speak, are trying to convince their kids that the other parent is an ass and that disgusts me. Parents who would never beat their kids would hurt them with words against the other parent in such a way that causes pain worse than a smack. I don't know what goes through their minds, but they seem to think that doing such a hideous thing will somehow earn them points. It won't. It will just hurt the kids intensely. When the kids grow up, they'll remember what was said and even if the parent has learned their lesson, the memory is still there and the damage will most certainly leave emotional scars.

I don't even open the constant e-mails that the nut lady sends and when I receive one from any of her henchmen, I ignore them too. I haven't seen the nut since my daughters high school graduation ( and she's 16 years old now!) and I probably won't see her until one of the kids weddings.

She doesn't pop up in my mind at all during the course of a day, I am quite indifferent to her and her husband. But, when she hurts my kids, I know (and I tell them) that the kids haven't done anything wrong and that she's only doing it because she knows that there's nothing that she can do to annoy me. She just takes it out on the kids instead.

Karma comes around sooner or later, and usually in the same way that you put it out. I have wonderful kids and I know that. Unfortunately, when karma comes around to the nut, it will attack her child in some way. What a shame.

OK, now I'm going to write something completely different for you guys, see ya soon!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home