.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

It's been a very long day...

...but a lovely day indeed. It had to be close to 80 degrees out there today, perfect weather for walking. For some reason, I thought it would be cool out there today so I wore my long john's under my clothes. That turned out to be a rather boneheaded move on my part.

If that wasn't stupid enough, right now I'm making myself some hot chocolate. I have a can of the stuff and it has dehydrated marshmallows in it. The chocolate is hot but the marshmallows are still dehydrated. So, I stuck the cup back in the microwave so that I can burn my mouth on it.

Ah, now that's a good cup of hot chocolate.

Oh, I see, the marshmallows aren't dehydrated, they're just really, really tiny. OK.

My wonderful daughter asked me where marshmallows came from and I told her that they grew on a marshmallow tree. She was such a gullible little girl.

To this day, she occasionally realizes that something I said when she was a kid was total mom BS. I seriously didn't know that she believed all the things that I told her. When I would sing along to the radio and mess up the lyrics, I would say, "Oops! They changed the words!"

Who thought she would believe THAT? I think she was in high school before she realized that they never actually changed the words to the songs. She told me that one day...I never, ever thought she believed me.

OH! My dog is outside and barking at someone, I have to go get him, I'll be right back, don't go anywhere!

OK, I'm back. You know, these tiny marshmallows are pretty stupid. They just slurp into your mouth like tiny blobs of something odd rather that tasting like a marshmallow.

Oh, speaking of mouths, I had a molar pulled last December and now there's a part of the tooth trying to come out. That's rather annoying. When they pull a tooth, you would think that they would look at it to make sure that it's all there and that there isn't half a tooth still up there. This happened to me once before and when I finally got the stupid thing out, it bled a LOT. I'll just wait and let this one come on out by itself.

I pulled a tooth out of a man's head once. It was years ago (I must have been about 17 at the time) when I was waiting tables and one of the customers had a toothache. He offered me ten bucks to pull it for him. Back in the 70's, ten bucks was a nice piece of change for a teenager. So, I told him to go get some gauze and a pair of pliers. I used the gauze to grasp the tooth and just pulled. The stupid thing was so rotted that it came out pretty easily. But, I did get in quite a bit of trouble for that little stunt. I actually got written up for it.

After my supervisor wrote me up, she gave me the write up for me to add whatever I had to say. I just wrote, "I won't ever pull a customer's tooth again."8And, I never did. That's not really a situation that comes up very often. Most people don't ask their waitress to do dental work so I was pretty secure that I wouldn't be repeating the behavior.

I've decided that I should just go ahead and pay the 30 bucks to do my community service at the YWCA. It's only a mile and a half away and all of the other places are just too far to walk to and nobody is coming by to offer me rides. I thought that I had someone who would be willing to drive me to do that but that doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon so I might as well just bite the bullet and go to the YWCA. I still can't believe that they want me to pay them to volunteer for them. But, I do get use of their indoor swimming pool for a year so what the heck.

I hope they let me do it and fast. I have GOT to find a job. Maybe they'll need someone there. That'd be cool, I wouldn't have to worry about them finding out about my probation, they'd already know about it.

I got an email from a friend today who said that he dated a girl who did that CFNM thing. Apparently SHE liked it. She told him that it gave her a sense of power. I never thought about the woman wanting to do it.

Why is that? Why did I assume that only men were into something like that? When it comes to sex, we always assume that the men are the ones who are always the aggressors and that's not always the case. Right now, I'd be a bit aggressive if I had someone to aggress. But, alas...I do not.

Oh well, maybe someday. My little vacation was a while ago and it's wearing off a bit. I'm getting antsy again. Men don't just show up on my doorstep (at least not men who aren't wearing a badge and carrying a gun) and I've pretty much given up on those dating sites so I guess I'll just have to figure something else out.

Well, my kitchen is a mess so before I invite any men over, I'll have to do the dishes. I'll be back later!

See ya,

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home