.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

OK...

...I'm NOT as smart as my mother said that I was. I just went online to take the Jeopardy test and saw that it doesn't start until 8 P.M. PACIFIC time! I thought it was EST. Strike one!

I finished my first day of community service at the YWCA today. That was actually kind of pleasant because all the people were so sweet. I think that I would enjoy working with them. They do have a job opening as a customer service person who works at the front desk. The ladies who were there today said that they've been working 12 hours a day because of how short they are. So, as long as they don't mind hiring one of their community service workers, or a person with absolutely no front desk experience whatsoever, I should be fine. I spoke to a couple of the people who work there already. Now, I just have to fill out the application and hope that the person who does the hiring is OK with me working there.

I had to warn them about my ex's nutty wife because I'm quite sure that she would call them and say some BS that would keep me out of work. They laughed at that because they usually get those kinds of calls from men because this place has a shelter for abused women amongst other things. I'm sure that my probation officer would be happy to confirm the nuttiness of the whack job.

She's still obsessing. She comes to this blog 7 or 8 times a day. I guess you could say she's my "number one fan".

Anyway, I spent a lot of time taking orange ribbons and making little loops out of them and then putting the ribbons in between a sticker and the paper the sticker's were on. They were name tags for women who are going to the YWCA's big annual event tonight. The entire time that I spent fighting with those ribbons, I was cursing Tony Orlando under my breathe for singing that song, "Tie a Yellow Ribbon 'Round the Old Oak Tree". If it weren't for that song, the entire planet wouldn't be covered with ribbons of one color or another. To make matters worse, thinking about that got the song stuck in my head.

I didn't get that song out of my head until I replaced it with, "I've Been Working on the Railroad". That was when I was washing windows. I couldn't leave until my son came to get me so after I finished with the windows, I cleaned one of their kitchens.

While I was cleaning the kitchen, a small group of teenagers came in. I asked one of them if she worked there and she said that she didn't. When she realized that I didn't work there either, she asked if there was any food in the kitchen. She opened the refrigerator and was about to steal food out of it. I stopped her and she looked at me like I was nuts. She said, "It's not YOUR food!"

I responded, "Well, it's not your food either." She said that we should take some of it and split it. I guess that was supposed to sweeten the crime a bit. Can you imagine that testimony?

"This woman robbed the place that she was doing her community service at!"

That would be charming. If I'm going to rob a place, I'll rob a jewelry store. I don't want to go down for robbing food from the local YWCA. Hell, they have a food bank, they'd GIVE me the food if I went about it in the right way.

Well, I suppose I should make myself a pot of coffee so that I can stay alert and awake until 8 Pacific time. I think that's 11 here, I'm not sure. I suppose I should PRETEND that I'm smart and check that out.

OK then, I'll be back after the test to let you know how I did...or how I think I did. I doubt that I would win at Jeopardy unless I was playing against celebrities. I could probably do well at Who Wants to be a Millionaire, I do all right in the online version. I haven't gotten to a million yet but I get to $250,000 or $500,000 quite a little bit. I could probably win at least $25,000 in the real game unless they had a Harry Potter question or some Hip Hop stuff. Barring that, I would do OK.

The Jeopardy thing is timed so you can't cheat on it but if you're really, really smart and want to TRY to help me cheat, just call me at 10:45. (That's EASTERN time, by the way.) Tonight is the last of 3 nights that you can take that test online. I registered last week and forgot about it the past two nights. If you read this before it's too late, you could still take the test yourself.

Well, I'm going to make that coffee, I'll be back later.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home