.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

I remember the day that my sister was born...

...the one who is younger than I am, not the one who is younger than she is. Lori is the middle sister and the day she was born, my father called the house to say that Mom had delivered a girl. I was somewhat annoyed at that. Up until then, I had been the only girl.

You'd have thought that maybe I would have a little friend, but my mother had another daughter who was closer to Lori's age so THEY were friends. And they wouldn't play with me. Sniff.

They ganged up on me. Sniff again. They even bought me a gold charm that said, "Bitch, Bitch, Bitch."

I've posted that charm before, but I'll post it again so that you guys can see how mean they were to me. Boo hoo hoo.

Once Lori and I ganged up on a couple of little bully girls who were picking on the younger sister, Marie. Marie couldn't walk home from school without these two brats picking on her so one day, Lori and I, who were by this time old enough to have cars, parked in a new subdivision waiting for the bully chicks to come out of the field they cut through after they harassed Marie.

We were right there when they came out of the field and we both confronted them, threatening hideous retribution should they bother Marie again. I don't think they ever did. I wish I had older sisters. Sniff.

One of my brothers is 14 months younger than I and when HE was picked on, by Jimmy Arrigo (I'll never forget that SOB), I walked around school with a fork in my hand. I was waiting for him to pass me in the hall and when I had my chance, I stabbed him in the ass. That was fun.

The rest of the kids pretty much handled their own bullies. It felt good to avenge my younger siblings. I felt all tough...even if the girls that we threatened were 13 and we were 16 and 24. But, 13 year old girls can be pretty damned mean and it takes a couple of older chicks to calm their asses down.

Anyway, Lori and Marie both live in Florida now...see? They still stick together and leave me up here in Gogia all by myself. I don't hear much from Marie unless she's disappearing for a couple of days and I know that Lori reads this thing everyday so I sort of stay in touch with her. Well, I guess that she actually stays in touch with me.

If I didn't know that she would read this, I'd talk all kinds of smack about her but I can't now. Maybe someday if her computer breaks down, I'll tell you what a brat she is, but for now, I have to say, "Hi Lori! How ARE you?"

I just called the YWCA and they said that if I got there before 11, I could start work today. Isn't that cool? I finally have a job and not only doesn't it pay, I have to pay them. I wonder what kind of a job 30 bucks buys you?

I keep thinking that if I can start doing any of the stuff on my list of probation things to do, I might meet other people who could take me to one of the other things that I have to do. If I could get to that first alcohol class, I could probably meet an alcoholic who could drive me to the rest of them.

I know how those classes operate, if you don't stand up and say, "Hi! I'm Meg and I'm an alcoholic!", they say, "Oh, you're in denial!"

But, I am not an alcoholic and I refuse to say that I am. I'll go, but I'll tell them the truth, I may drink twice in a year and that's it. So, maybe I did get stopped one of those times, but it doesn't make me an alcoholic. I think it's pretty lame to be evaluated for alcoholism by the same people who charge you to come to the alcoholic classes. They have no interest in saying, "No, you aren't an alcoholic, you're just an idiot." There are no idiot classes.

My son told me that a friend of his had the same problem so he just went to another place to be assessed and THAT place decided that he didn't have a problem. I'd have to pay another $75 and I don't have that. At least I won't after I pay the YWCA to clean up for them.

OK, I need to suck a bit more coffee and get ready to walk a mile and a half to pay people to let me work for them. Thank God it's a beautiful day.

I'll be back, sooner or later, depending on whether or not they let me start today. Have a good day!

See ya!

Meg

By the way, Lori, I lost your email address as well when Gmail wouldn't let me back into my regular address so could you send me an email at megbkelso@gmail.com? Thanks. I won't ever say anything bad about you....now smile, damn it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home