.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Good morning!

I am having a medical problem right now and I have to go to the doctor's office. They got some test results back and called me to come in and hear the results. They wouldn't tell me over the phone. That's never good. But, I'll find out sooner or later.

I have to leave soon but I wanted to pop in and say hello. Since I just woke up, I am not too clear headed but I'll try to make sense.

I have finally gotten my entire house cleaned at the same time. The laundry is done and so are the dishes. I stayed up most of the night cleaning house and now I wish I had a camera so that I could memorialize this clean house. But I don't, so I guess I'll just have to draw a picture to let everyone know how clean it is. My son never came by last night and so far, I haven't seen him today either so that's why the house is clean. If he stops by anytime soon, I know that my clean house will be history. I wish I didn't have anywhere to go today, I'd love to sit in my clean house and smile. With my luck, the kid will come by when I'm gone and I'll come home to a sty.

Some nice man emailed me that he would love to come by and mow my lawn. He has a bunch of lawn stuff and I'd love to take him up on it...but I have to give my son one more chance to do it. If the guy still wants to, he can pull the crap out of my gutters. They're getting full of leaves and pine needles.

I think that the antibiotic is helping the dog...he slept all night. Either that or I slept so hard that he didn't wake my up with his cries. But, he does seem fine this morning so I'm going to keep up with the treatment.

I rec (i before e except after c) eived an email from a lady who just left her abusive boyfriend. The thing that makes her different from most is that she left after the first time. Now, if she can only stay gone, she'll send a great message to her daughters.

I wanted to let her know how wise she is, how strong she is and what a good example she is setting for her kids. When women stay through abuse, they send a rotten message to their kids. They teach the boys that it's acceptable to hit girls and they teach the girls that it's OK as well. And, just putting the kids through that is abuse towards THEM!

By the way, I see that the DC cops are taking the McKinney episode quite seriously. Not that I think it'll go very far, but at least they're standing up for themselves and fighting back. That is such a good thing, it's about time someone fought back from these constant charges of racial profiling. If more people did that, I think those inane accusations would stop. We have to call people on it when they accuse others of racism. As long as we continue to cave and run in fear when it happens, it will keep on happening.

In this post 9/11 time, how can anyone think that it's racist to try to keep the buildings in DC safe? Once again, all McKinney had to do was wear the damn pin and none of this would have happened. She complained that it happened 6 times and if that's true, it's more her fault than anyone's. So, kudos to the DC cops for passing this along to an agency that will take this seriously.

If anyone accused me of racism, I would sue the pants off of them for slander and I think that the cop in DC should do the same. It's the only way that we can ever put a stop to these false allegations meant to deflect attention from the real problem.

So, good for them! I hope they push it to the limit and nail McKinney to the wall.

See ya,

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home