.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Good morning!

Well, freaky dude decided to leave me alone from now on. But, I have a feeling that I'll see him before too long. I had to threaten to call the police and I hate doing that...calling them, not threatening to call them.

Today is my last day to clean before my father gets back from Europe. I guess he's in Paris now, he's flying out of the Paris airport tomorrow. He'll come here for a few days and then he'll take his cat and his car and drive home.

My father has always been the type of man who can't stand cats. But, when he moved his ex wife in after she got sick, they got a kitten and apparently, my father fell in love with that stupid kitten. When they got to my house and brought their things in, the first thing my father said when he walked in the house with the last suitcase was, "Where's my cat?"

Not, "Where's that dumb cat of Jean's?", he asked where HIS cat is. Those are words that I never thought that I would hear from my father's mouth. He brags about how smart his cat is and how it plays "fetch" with a plastic ring off of a milk container. My father tosses it out onto the carpet and the cat brings it back to him. Anyone in our family would laugh if they saw Daddy the cat hater playing with that cat.

When they leave, I can take all of the baby gates down and then I won't have to step over them whenever I go from one part of the house to another. I'll be lucky if I make it without tripping over one of the gates and falling on my face. I'm surprised I've made it so far without falling over one of them.

I hope they make it home alright...I suppose that if he had lost Jean somewhere in Europe...he would have called me so I guess he still has her by his side. If the Europeans don't like us now, imagine what they'd think of us if Jean got lost over there. Her Alzheimers isn't too bad yet, she can still tell you her name and HIS name, but I wouldn't count on her to remember her address or the hotel that she's staying in.

Well, today I have to finish cleaning the house so that I can pass dad's white glove test. I've just about gotten the laundry finished so after that, I should just have to vacuum and clean the kitchen.

Of course, my granchildren are supposed to come over for the weekend and they'll get here tonight so whatever I clean up today, they'll mess up before they get back tomorrow.

Today is my daughter's birthday and my granddaughter's birthday. I sent my daughter beef sandwiches from Portillo's in Chicago. My brother sent me that stuff once before...it's a great gift idea for people who are from Chicago and might be missing Chicago food. I loved it when my brother sent it to me, I hope my daughter loves it as much. Oh, her boyfriend used to live in Chicago so he might enjoy them too.

OK, I'm going to go strip the beds so that all of my guests can sleep on clean sheets this weekend. Then, I'm going to eat some Fruity Pebbles and I'll be back later when my sense of humor has awoken.

See ya soon,

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home