.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

I don't feel too badly...

...about telling you about what happened at the meeting. Since I've been there, they've had two camera crews and a couple more reporters observing. Anyway, I mentioned no names and anger's a pretty general problem...a lot of people have anger issues. Don't you just hate people with anger issues?

They're almost comical. I can sit back and watch a person blow up over the dumbest things. Rick wasn't usually like that. He could get angry but until the end, he was never so volatile...he really, really didn't like me then...but when he did, he was usually relatively easy going. When he went off, he went off bad...but that wasn't very often. So, I'm not used to people who do get angry.

Do you remember the guy I told you about who was bugging me a while back? The one who asked questions that he has no right to ask? Well, he's calling me again. I wanted to keep a log of this in case the freak ever pulls an OJ on me. I can't believe that there are men who would act like this.

I've only met one other guy like that and I ended up buying a gun for protection after that happened. That was close to 20 years ago and the threat was so real that Rick bought the gun for me. I got to pick the gun, it was a 357 Magnum, 4 inch barrel. I test fired a few of them, the 38 had too much kick...it came back and smacked me in the forehead. So, I went with the 357. I don't know why, maybe it was just luck, but I was able to fire that one well so I got it. A 22 was too small for my purposes.

Back then, I was under the misapprehension that you could shoot anyone who crosses your threshold. I suppose in certain places, under certain circumstances, you could do that...but I couldn't then. That was in Roanoke, Virginia.

I had a cop friend who would take me practicing to the firing range and he told me that if I was in a second story window and the guy had a knife, I would have to jump out the window if I had a chance to before I could shoot the fucker who was attacking me. I still have a tough time believing that one...whatever. Luckily, I never had to find out.

OK, I better post this,

BRB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home