.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Damn...

...there's something in my eye and I have about a ton of mascara on. I don't want to say that I'm wearing too much...but suffice it to say that if I were to show up on the streets of Baghdad, they would stone me in a heartbeat. I'd be mush, like the meatball that rolled into the garden and under a bush.

I've heard it said that we American women are "disrespectful" to the Muslims because we wear our American clothing in some places. I don't get that. I don't yank on their burkas when they walk through the airports here with nothing but their eyeballs popping out. It doesn't offend me that they dress the way they do. I must say, though, I don't understand why these women dress like that once they're out of the Muslim world. You'd think that they would stay here and put on some sweat pants, just for a day or two. But, like that slave of Thomas Jefferson's who came back from France with him, I guess they think that what they know is normal.

How it could possibly be normal to cover up your entire body except for the eyeballs, unless of course, you're a man, I do not know. But, I don't take offense at it. Why should they take offense at the way that I dress?

If they think that I'm not covering up enough, why aren't they bugging those dudes in Africa who wear those huge pokey things on their...members. You know those three foot long pointy things? That's pretty inherently offensive, but I don't complain. I just shake my head and look away.

You know what they need? They need some old American reruns. Let them see how nice the Cleavers and the Bradys had it. While they're at it, let them see Lucy and The Waltons. TV messed us up, maybe it'll do the same thing to them.

So, why aren't we just broadcasting old TV reruns over there? We could even send the old radio shows over there. Of course, we'd have to dub them all into Arabic, but we could do that.

Yeah, that's the answer. No more war...let's just send them the same television crap that made us like we are.

Ya think?

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home