.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Hello!

It's a beautiful day outside and I'm happy today! I'm happy because my team won yesterday. They're 3 and 0 now, and all 3 wins were against teams in their own conference. I'm not just regular happy that they won yesterday, I'm tickled pink and super happy because of the team that they beat. They beat the Vikings and the Vikings are Rick's favorite team. (Not because he lives in Minnesota, just because Minnesota is the closest team to the barren wasteland that he lives in and the only team that they show on TV there.)

I hate living in a place that doesn't show the Bears play. I haven't seen one Bears game this year but, thanks to the internet, I can get the play by play as it happens and that's what I did yesterday. I sat in front of my computer, watching the scores change and the plays update. And, I enjoyed it.

From what I saw online, it was a damn good game. I would have liked to watch the Bears beat the Vikings on TV. I'm sure that Rick did but as long as the Bears won, I'm OK with the way that I watched it.

My father and his family used to sit around the radio and listen to sporting events. I asked him if they really enjoyed that and he said that they did. He said they didn't have anything else so they didn't know that they were missing television.

One of my dad's sisters told me that she and my father wanted to watch some famous fight. I forget who fought that day, but it was a very famous fight. My father and my aunt made themselves sandwiches and snacks to eat while they listened to the fight. They spent the afternoon getting ready for the fight but nothing could have prepared them for what happened, there was a knock out in the first round. All they really had to do to get ready for that fight was to stop in front of the radio and stand there for a minute, then they could have walked away.

I actually had much, much better technology than my dad had when he was a kid but all I could get were two sentences that someone had typed and the score. No one called the game for me. I looked like an idiot cheering at the computer. At one point I decided to call the game myself and I have to say, I did a great job. Unlike the bimbos the networks put on the sidelines for no good reason, I know something about football.

I've never understood why they stick pretty girls who know nothing about football on the sidelines to speak to the players. Those women are football idiots. They know NOTHING about the game. These women wouldn't know an audible from a Hail Mary pass and yet they get jobs annoying us. I don't get that.

I just got my Happy Meal toy and let me tell you, it's a doozy. It's a small bracelet with a Mermaid on it. You pull the mermaid up and there's a mirror and some lip gloss inside. I like this thing.

I've had to fight with a few 3 year olds in my attempts to keep my own Happy Meal toys in the past. The kid sits there like a dog sits next to the dinner table, waiting for their birthright...the stuff that gets dropped.

3 year olds think that any toy in the area is their toy...especially if there is no other kid in the room. What adult wouldn't give them the toy? The parents always do. Well, I don't and the little brats just have to deal with it. I had a set of candy filled Flintstones toys from when the Flintstones movie came out. I had them for years. This 4 year old boy was at my house and went into my bedroom where I had the toys sitting on my dresser. My kids were teenagers and not about to steal my toys so I could safely put them out like that. But, this brat went running where he shouldn't have been running and he saw my toys.

One of my big problems is the mothers. The mothers always want me to give their kid my toy just to shut them up. Well, I won't do it. The 4 year old's mother wasn't any different. She wanted me to give the kid my Flintstone toys. I finally just told her that they were full of 7 year old candy and she agreed that perhaps he shouldn't have them after all.

Why is it that everyone expects a grown up to give up any toy they encounter? I like my toys. I have a Minnie Mouse Pez dispenser that I've had for years and although her neck is sort of broken, I still carry her around. Her neck may be a bit messed up but her belly is always full.

OK, I’m going to go act like it's daytime and get dressed.

See ya,

Meg

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK. It kills me when you can't watch/listen to the sports you love. My team is the huskers but I don't live in Nebraska so sometimes I have to use the internet. BUMMER. Reading the play by play would probably kill me. Anyway. I did a google search and found "the chicago bears radio network" There are a bunch of stations listed. Just none in Georgia. Some of them do, however stream audio onto the net so you wont have to read the game ever again.
Love the Blog.
http://www.lbsportsproductions.com/schedule.shtml

September 26, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Thanks! I'll check that out. yeah, it blows to be in a place where you can't see your own team. If I ever get back to Chicago, I'm never leaving it again!

WGN went nationwide so I can watch the Cubs...now if I can just figure out a way to see the Bears I'll be golden!

Thanks for that link, hopefully, next week I'll be bale to hear a play by play instead of reading it. But, as long as the Bears keep on winning, I'll live with whatever I have to!

Go Bears!

Meg

September 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home