.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, September 22, 2006

For most problems...

...there is a solution. I can't boil my soft/medium boiled eggs perfectly more than 3 times out of every 10 attempts so I just decided to have my eggs hard boiled. Not a bad idea, 'ey? You can't screw that up. Well, I suppose you could, but you'd have to be pretty darned culinarily challenged...and I'm not. Of course, you could just be high...that would cause you to screw up the recipe for a hard boiled egg.

I once watched Rick, as he was as high as a kite, try to make his own soft boiled egg. He got the saucepan and filled it with water. Then, he turned the burner on and waited for the water to boil. Then, after exactly 4 minutes, he went to drain the water out of the pan. It would have been perfect if he hadn't forgotten to add the main ingredient...the eggs. So, I made the stupid eggs. Even when I did smoke marijuana, I never smoked it the first thing in the morning.

I knew that I wouldn't accomplish one damned thing after I smoked weed so I would wait until I had finished everything that I wanted to do that day. That was usually right before I went to bed, I rarely finished my day before lunchtime. Rick, on the other hand, would accomplish one thing before lunch and that was breakfast. Once he started smoking, I didn't have to worry about the couch levitating out the door. Rick would eat, smoke pot and hold the couch down for entire weekends. It was incredible.

I'm not blaming the pot, it could have been beer or vodka. Rick just chose pot. There's nothing wrong with that and I'm not saying that to get him in trouble because I haven't seen him in over 2 years (except for our mediation) so I can't speak to anything he's doing now, this was a very long time ago. Hell, I smoked it myself years ago. I never denied that. But, I did try to limit my use to evenings and vacations. And besides that, I don't think people should get in trouble for smoking pot.

Recently, I spoke to a guy who lives in the San Francisco area. He told me that he has a friend who is a doctor. And, the doctor believes in medicinal marijuana...a lot.

I'll call this person "Wayne". Wayne has a "party" every other month or so. He hosts what they call a marijuana party. It sounds very similar to a Tupperware party only they have samples of pot and pot products. Wayne charges $225 a head to come to the party. The physician's fee is $175 and he comes to evaluate the guests and give them their marijuana store ticket. The extra $50 is used to purchase all of the samples, Wayne doesn't do this for profit. It's more of a favor to the doctor.

Is it insane that people who live in California can get away with that? I'm glad that I can take my Marinol but I thinks it's ridiculous that I should have spent any time in jail for trying to get an appetite when I weighed less than 95 pounds. Especially when people in California can get a prescription so easily. Hell, if they wanted to, they could even carry illegal weed and suffer nothing but a ticket along the lines of a traffic violation.

What an odd country we live in.

I'm not at all trying to dis California, nor the system that it has produced. I have no problem with what California does and I don't mind what the doctor has done. He just did what the state had done...manipulated the system to allow what should be allowed in the first place...marijuana.

California has every right in the world to make marijuana legal but the federal government tries to flex it's economic muscle and withhold the money that the tax-payers sent to the government. If California, or any other state, doesn't do what the feds want them to do, they lose certain funding. So, since it's our money and our legislators, the feds are basically punishing US by not marching to their drummers. Sure, we have the right to do certain things...but if we do them, they won't give us our money back.

You don't have the right to drive without a seat belt or a helmet because of all the money that the insurance companies have to pay as a result of the medical care. We should be a little wary of that precedent. What if they decided that AIDS costs too much next? Will they try to police our bedrooms? Will they criminalize certain types of sex like they insist that we wear seat belts...using the same logic?

We have to keep an eye on those boogers.

I'd like to know something...how the heck did they get enough of our own money that they could dangle it in front of us like a carrot in front of a horse?

The idea of an income tax was considered unconstitutional in the first place. The government snuck it in on us by saying that it would only apply to the mega-rich. Then, they slowly lowered the standards until we all pay them now. Then, they give us certain rights but tell us that if we exercise them, we'll forfeit a bunch of our own cash. Slick little game they've got going.

Oh well. There isn't much I can do about that today. I have to do the dishes and laundry. That won't leave much time for changing the Constitution so I won't even bother penciling it in.

See ya,

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home