.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

I'm simmering my beef stoganoff...

...and I thought I'd take a break. The table is set and I'm all ready, just letting the meat get a little bit more tender. I love having someone to cook for. Occasionally...I wouldn't want to have 3 meals ready every single day. It's tough enough for me to make one meal for myself. If I didn't think that my son might walk in the door hungry at any given moment, I probably wouldn't even do that much. I guess that's the mother in me. But, tonight I'm cooking for someone else and that means that I get to make something really nice and that it'll be appreciated...I hope.

I do love to cook. I could do it every day for a living if there was someone who wanted to pay a woman with absolutely no culinary training beyond 7th grade home economics class. The year that I was in 7th grade was the last year that education was structured so that only girls took home ec and only boys took shop. That year some sort of bill was passed that made it unconstitutional for those classes to be separated like that. No more classes of girls sitting around little tables, cooking each other cinnamon toast and sloppy joes. No more classes of girls sitting around sewing machines, making little aprons for their mothers. I don't know what the boys were doing but what ever it was, it didn't happen after that year, which if I remember correctly, was 1970.

You know, they screwed us. They raised us to be good little wives and then they changed the rules. And they never offered us any type of re-training program. That's not right.

I suppose the men are as confused as we are. They changed the rules on them, too. They pretty much just sat back and watched while the women changed all of the rules. But...not all of the women changed the rules so the men have to play a guessing game. I feel for them, I really do.

Ooh, it's almost 9, gotta run!

See ya,

Meg

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How nice of you to cook dinner, sounds yummy! How did it go??? Must be good...no post yet today. :)

September 24, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Ah, you are right. It went well. We ate dinner and then watched a movie. I had already seen the movie before but I didn't know that until I started watching it. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I'd already seen the mobie after I told him that I hadn't. So, instead, I just "guessed" how it ended. Tee hee.

Then, I had some fun...the kind of fun that ends when you hear someone snoring. This time, we slept at my house. Now, I have to paint a wall. That's a bit of an anti-climactic afternoon after last night.

I started painting my living room and almost finished the 4th wall when I ran out of paint. Then, I never bought more paint. So, rather than paint the entire room again, I just bought a quart of burgundy paint for that wall and I'm going to make it an accent wall.

Well, I can't ever watch the Bears unless they play the Falcons. So, I just watch the game that's on and pay attention to the ten minute ticker. Right now, the Bears are tied at 6.

Oh, and I have to call my friend to hear about the attorney bitch so that I can FINALLY write about her.

So, that's my plan for the day, I have to paint a wall and write about the skank that told my friend that she should "get over it".

We'll get over it whenever we feel like getting over it. But, that won't be until we rag on the people who tell us to get over it.

Meg

September 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home