.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Dear Meg,

Remember, I prayed for widowhood for the last three years of my marriage, though I never had the nerve to commit it myself. I am old-fashioned enough to have gone into my marriage without ever considering the possibility that it might end in divorce (talk about naive!), and to me, widowhood seemed like an "honorable discharge", so to speak, whereas divorce seemed like a "dishonorable discharge".

LOLOLOL....Anne, you crack me up. I, too, never had the nerve to commit widowhood to myself either.

I wish I had said the thing you said about the discharges...perfect way to express my thoughts.
During my first marriage, when I was about 19 years old and the victim of an abusive husband, I would hope that the coastal hills of Sonoma County would wind and twist enough on his way home from work that his fire engine red station wagon would drive off a cliff.

When I was with my second hubby who liked to screw every teenager in town, I would hope for his demise as well. Then, one day he had what we later learned was a panic attack. He collapsed in a heap complaining about chest pains. I called an ambulance, thinking that he had a heart attack. I followed the ambulance to the hospital praying, "Oh God, I was only kidding! I didn't mean it! Let him live! Let him live!"

We all pray for things and then sooner or later, we hear that saying from someone, "Be careful what you wish for...you just might get it."

I got what I wished for when I wished for Rick. Damn, WHO gave me that and refuses to give me the winning lottery numbers? Oh well. Cest le vie.

OK, I have a few errands to run so I have to go now. I'll be back later. Hope your day is going along swimmingly!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home