.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

I've had an interesting day...

...since my father was in town, I spoke to my granddaughter's mother and asked if she would let me take the kids to visit with their great-grandfather. Since I had just paid her electric bill for two months, she allowed us to have the kids for a while under the stipulation that they not see their father. I didn't like it, but I agreed.

We met at a KFC and my dad and I took the kids out to eat and then to a park. The entire time we were eating, the kids were saying things like, "Mommy said Daddy is stupid and we don't love him anymore." "Mommy said Daddy is a bad man." They adore their father and have never, ever said such things in the past. They also said that their mother has thrown away all of the toys and clothes that we have given them. Isn't she a peach? That's the type of female that gives the rest of us a bad name. She is beginning to inflict Parental Alienation Syndrome on her own children and that makes me ill.

Anyway, while we were at the park, my son came to my house and my step-mother told him where we were and that we had the kids. He showed up at the park and the first thing he did was take a picture of him and the kids with his phone. And, he was annoyed at me because he felt that I was betraying him by speaking to the mother. All I wanted was to let my father see the kids.

Anyway, my son had to be a twit and, unbeknownst to me, he sent her the picture of him and the kids by phone. So, now she thought that I had betrayed her as well. My son demanded that we take the kids back to the house and at this point, I didn't know what to do and didn't want to upset the kids at all so I just went along and we all went back to my house.

Within a very short time, the mother showed up at my house and demanded the kids. We had to give her the boy as we have no rights to him. But, my son wanted to keep his daughter until his visitation was up at 6 PM. The mother has been refusing to let him see the kids which is why he thought that I was betraying him. Anyway, she called the police who came to my house. She told the cops that we were all inside doing drugs and they came in and searched the house which, of course, had no drugs in it. They did, on the other hand, find an old lady sleeping on the couch, my father watching a football game and me and the baby playing. So, they told the mother that they had to enforce the court order and allow my son to keep his daughter until 6 PM.

At about 5:45, we were eating dinner and she began banging on my door. Before we could open it, she broke into the house and attacked my son. He is full of scratches and blood and now my front door has been broken into as well as my back door from the last break in. We had the camcorder running once she began banging on the door. Now, I had to call the police because the woman was hysterical and the child was beginning to get hysterical as well. The dispatcher heard her in the background through two closed doors. So she sent 4 squad cars out immediately.

So, now the bottom line is that I have her breaking into my house and attacking my son on tape. I could have had her arrested for breaking and entering and my son could have had her arrested for assault and battery, according to the police. But, we don't WANT to do that. We have time to do so if we change our minds and if she doesn't follow the court order and let my son see his daughter (if not his son), we will both press charges against the lunatic.

Today began with such lovely plans. I have tried to keep peace between the two of them and now they both think that I betrayed them by "siding" with the other. My son has taken off and my grandchildren are in the hands of an insane woman. So far, the police have been here twice and searched my house once. And, it's still light out.

I never did get to eat my dinner.

I have an early morning doctor's appointment and I'm going to see if he will allow me to take an extra Xanax when the police visit.

Now, I am going to sit in my recliner and stare at a wall.

See ya,

Meg

2 Comments:

Blogger kissmekate said...

You poor thing Meg! What a terrible position to be placed in.

Why is it that people react like this when they don't get what they want?

Emotional blackmail is a sign of a pathetic person in my books!

September 17, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Solaris, I may have accidentally lost your comment, I re-commented it down under the original post!
Sorry about that.

Meg

September 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home