.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Good morning!

This insurance bullshit is turning out to be more trouble than it's worth. I've gotten online quotes but then I was told that those rates were "pending" and subject to change. I have just the medical history that would get a rate changed so that's no good.

Rick's being good about it, I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't let me go without insurance if he could help it. But, then I was told not to trust him and that even at best, if something happened to him I wouldn't find out and then I could find myself suddenly sans insurance. Whatever...we'll figure something out. Right now we're trying to come up with a way to keep the same insurance, just to be safe. That's the $758 per month policy.

I wouldn't mind paying part of that policy...I don't want to screw him so badly that he can't live. Last night he told me (and I have to quote him directly so it doesn't sound AS bad), "I know this isn't your problem and I'm not complaining but I'm already paying you 30% of what I earn."
He's right...that isn't my problem. And, if I weren't working, I'd probably feel differently. But for now, I don't mind softening that one a bit. I HAVE to have the insurance. I have no clue what they're going to do about that thing on my spine. The picture of the MRI is below this post. It's not a great picture because I took it in the kitchen with the light behind it but it does show the compression of the spinal cord pretty well.

So, today I get my first check. This first one will have the last one added to it as well since they screwed me last time. So, this will be a month's worth of pay. I've been working my ass off just to bank cash in case I have to go into the hospital. I want to have enough money for a month of bills while I'm not working if that ends up being the case.

I am commited to only 48 hours a month. This past month, I've been working all that I could. The last pay period, I had overtime hours for both weeks of the period. But, if I wanted to, I could work 48 hours in one week and take the rest of the month off. I was condsidering getting a job in either Florida, California or both doing the same thing. I could fly to another state for a week or 10 days and work while I'm visiting my daughter. It would more than pay for the trip with money left over to spend on my daughter...and we always do...don't we? I'll find something she needs.

My father taught me that. And my mother as well now that I think of it. Mom had to give you something whenever you came over and Dad has to buy you something. That's how I ended up with the $100 stainless steel trash can/rat trap from hell. I bet if I put some cheese on the top of the trash I could catch a mouse with that springloaded lid.

Anyway, if nothing else, I could always take her to Ikea and buy her silly stuff that most people could easily do without.

You know, if I could work for a while like this, I'd be headed to France in no time. My father told me about a junket that cost $600. It included round trip tickets to Paris and a car for 3 days. I could find a "Bohemian" motel and do the trip for a thousand, give or take. Wouldn't that be cool?

All my life, I've always wanted to go to Paris alone. I don't know why, but I have. I want to go and sit alone at the top of the Eiffel Tower having dinner. I want to walk down the Champs Elysees and have lunch at a sidewalk cafe. And, last, but not least, I want to spend hours if not days walking around the Louvre.

I've never been there alone and that blows. You have to spend all your time worrying about what the other person wants to do and you end up making compromises that I don't want to make. So, just once, I'd love to go alone. If you heard the camcorder tape that I took at the top of the Arc D'Triumph, you could plainly hear me and Rick bickering the entire time. He left me while I was in the bathroom. He kept doing that all over Europe and it annoyed the hell out of me. If I'm on the other side of the planet, fucking you in 5 countries inside of 2 weeks, the least you can do is wait outside of the bathroom for me so that I don't end up lost and screwing some French dude. But I digress.

My point was that it's payday and time to go pick up my check...finally. Then, to the bank to deposit it less cash because no one will take these damn starter checks. Then, a bit of shopping and home for a nap before I have to start work at 7 tonight.

Have a good day!

See ya,

Meg

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg -

Check out www.travelzoo.com.

You have to input your address, but they have excellent packages to Europe. I've even bought a few myself!

November 09, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Hectate!

Thank you! I usually use 1 travel.com but it's been a long time and I didn't see packages there. So, I will certainly check out travelzoo....thank you so much for taking the time to write!

I'd love to time it so that a bunch of you guys could go at the same time and meet me on the Champs Elysees!

Meg

PS But I'm going to the Louvre alone, sorry!

November 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the good news is my knee still works. The bad news is that I have a torn miniscus and a ruptured acl...how I did it and how long they have been like that is still a mystery to all, including me. The good news is that I get to get spoiled by radio dial woman during recover. Surgy scheduled for the 28th.

November 09, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Radio,

OUCH! I had a lady last night with the same thing. THAT good news is that she's 60 and is in great shape so your healing should be a walk in the park!

Thank God for the Radio Lady!

Meg

November 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home