.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Good morning!

I can't tell if the blog is working or not, sometimes I get it to come up and sometimes I don't. If you're having problems with it and don't mind, email me at megbkelso@gmail.com and let me know. I spent a long, long time trying to fix it yesterday and I can't tell if I did. I thought I had, but now I'm not so sure.

Anyway, last night I finshed DUI school where they teach you how to drink without getting drunk. That's nice. They make you take a 130 question assessment to help gear the class towards your needs and then they talk about how to drink. I don't drink. So, why didn't they address people who don't drink?

I must say, they did touch on pot smoking. Just a tad, though. The teacher dude told us a story about an old student who, 10 day after he completed the class, was in a terrible accident where his best friend was killed. The thing was, he wasn't drinking. He wasn't even smoking. He did, however, get a blood test at the hospital where they found THC in his blood. He had quit smoking weed before he took the class but it was still in his system so they gave him a DUI and charged him with vehicular homicide. The accident wasn't his fault, he hydroplaned, which could happen to anyone. He lost control and was t-boned by a Jeep Cherokee. But, since THC lasts for so long in your system, he was arrested.

That's just not right. He's 22 years old and will not get out of prison until he is 37. They didn't give him parole.

You know, all those idiot politicians who ran yesterday will use drinking and driving to win elections. Drinking and driving will probably never be stopped in this country because so many people drink. So, the issue is there for any poltician to use as a running point. They talk about making the penalties harsher for anyone convicted of it, especially if they were involved in an accident.

Now, I'm not saying that they shouldn't punish anyone for that, but if things keep going this way, every election politicians using the issue to run will promise to make the penalties harsher and harsher until walking in the direction of a car after you've had a drink will be punishable by death.

How much harsher can they get? If someone is out there driving drunk over and over again, that's one thing. But someone who gets pulled over for a light being out and happened to have a couple of drinks, but is NOT impaired, will get punished as severly as a drunken slob who is caught weaving in and out of lanes. That is not right either.

I have kids driving out there on the roads so I certainly don't want to see people driving drunk, but I think they've gone overboard and with every election, they'll go further and further overboard.

I have certainly learned my lesson, I won't be so much as using Listerine before I drive. But not for the reasons that you would think...I just can't afford to go through what I just went through ever again. If I ever go to jail again, it's gonna be for something good.

Last night I watched a few episodes of a show called Mastermind. A high school senior in Windsor, Canada became the best conterfeitor Canada ever saw. And a TV repairman stole millions from slot machines by studying them until he found the weaknesses in them. Now, if only I could find some great crime to commit that would have people calling me a Mastermind...then I would be happy.

My crime of choice would have something to do with jewelry. So, now I'm going to spend my time trying to figure out a great way to nab some diamonds and have the FBI looking for me for years. They won't catch me until I'm so old that prison sounds like fun.

OK then, now I have to go get that manicure...finally. And then I'll think about my great diamond heist. Have a good day!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home