.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Well...

...howdy ya'll. I'm about to go to bed...I stayed up all night. I ended up not having to go int to work because the census was down but if your shift is cancelled, you get 2 hours inconvenience pay. So, I got paid to stay up all night and decorate my Christmas tree. It is lovely. I bought some new ornaments this year and they all look great together.

When I was a little girl, I saw a house done all in green and blue. It looked so pretty at night. I've always wanted to do a tree in green and blue since I saw that pretty house but I can never find blue and green lights. Does anyone out there know how to get special colored Christmas lights? I'd love to do that one year. It's too late this year, but if I could find them, I'd buy them for next year.

I had a pleasant surprise when I woke up...my check was in Friday's mail. So, now I have both the alimony check and my paycheck...but no ride to the bank. That sucks. But, it would suck worse not to have the money so I can't really complain.

Anyway, I stayed up all night doing the tree and watching The Glenn Miller Story. I didn't know he died at the end of that movie. I really wanted to watch It's a Wonderful Life...I always do when I put up the tree. but I didn't have it and it wasn't on TV. I looked on the OnDemand Channel and found Jimmy Stewart in the Glenn Miller Story and figured that was good enough. So, I watched that instead this year.

Then, I made panckes. I made them out of waffle mix...but they were pretty good anyway. I bought the waffle mix because I HAD a waffle maker. I even bought real maple syrup. But...I can't seem to find my waffle iron. Stuff just disappears on me and there never seems to be an explanation. Like my curtains.

I went to Jersey for a while earlier this year and when I came back...my kitchen curtains were gone. My son had no clue where they went. How do curtains disappear? All I can figure is that he had a poker game in my kitchen and someone had too much to drink and whatever ensued after that caused my kitchen curtains to be treated as evidence of a crime...it's probably at the bottom of the Chatahoochie.

Well, as I said, I have to go to bed. I have about 6 blankets on my bed, light fleece blankets and one heavy bedspread. I also have my Christmas flannel sheets. It's one soft, inviting bed...I must say. And the more I think about it, the more I want to go and cuddle up in it.

See ya later!

Meg

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL @ the curtains disappearing

November 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home