.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, December 18, 2006

I need a new computer...

...and badly. I got booted again yesterday after writing a bunch of crap. Then, I was so tired that I had to go to bed. I actually sleep on the couch so every so often when I wake up, I look around and see who's there. It's usually just my son but every so often he has someone else over and it creeps me out.

Last night I woke up for a little while, heard that the Bears won a close one and then I fell back to sleep. Then I woke up again when some cable channel was showing old Star Trek episodes so that was fun. Then I feel asleep again. This time I woke up long enough to stay awake until there was coffee available so I may just stay up for a while now.

I have to go Christmas shopping and that's no fun for me. I'd rather just shop online but I can't do that...it takes a lot out of the season. I guess I really don't mind shopping that much. Not if it's for other people, I don't mind that. It's more fun spending money on other people than it is on myself. I hate spending money on certain things that I have to have, like bras and purses. I hate paying money for bras and purses.

I'll use the same damn purse until it wears out or the zipper breaks. And bras...I just hate the fact that I have to spend a lot of money to get a good one. I didn't even know how bad the cheap ones were until I bought one at Victoria's Secret. Now I won't wear anything else. And there's nothing cheap at Victoria's Secret so I have to spend at least 30 bucks for a bra that I probably won't be showing off to anyone else.

But that's OK, today I'm going shopping for other people. And none too soon...I had no idea Christmas was so close...just a week away! I worked so much that it was Thanksgiving and then, all of a sudden, it's Christmas. I wish I were still a kid. Then someone else could worry about Christmas and buying presents. Paying the bills takes all of the magic out of the season.

Yep, I need a new computer...this one is losing the letters off of the keyboard. My "N" and "H" are totally gone and half of the rest of the letters are pretty much missing. I have a complete P, Q, Z, X and K...that's it. If I see a really nice computer when I go Christmas shopping, I might very well buy that instead of continuing to shop. That's what I want, but there isn't anyone in my life who likes me enough to buy me one of those so I'll have to get it for myself. Hell, I doubt that I'll even get those ruby earrings that Rick owed me.

You know what else I want? I want a DVD player that I could watch all by myself. That's so cool...I want one of them. It sort of reminds me of when I was a kid and got a Show and Tell for Chritsmas. I loved watching the Peter Pan slides on that thing. It had a record player on top of a screen and you listened to the record and watched the slide show on the screen. It was like I was in a world all my own when I watched that stupid thing. If I had a DVD player all my own, I could do that again. I could just lie on the floor and watch my Lord of the Rings movies and go to Middle Earth for a while. Those things are dangerously cheap...I could buy one easily and not miss that cash...but I can't make a habit out of such stuff or I'll go broke quickly.

There's enough money in my savings account to buy round trip tickets to Europe and that's another dangerous thing. I could easily get in a crazy mood and just go buy them one day. Then I'd have to just go the rest of the way and rent hotel rooms and a car...before you know it, I'll be headed to Paris all because I had a wild hair one morning. I'm just the fool to do something like that.

I have no business doing such things right now but it is fun to think about. Right now I have to concentrate on getting my license back so that I can drive to the grocery store. Then, I can worry about Paris. And the next time I go to Paris, I want to go either alone or with my daughter. I've always wanted to go alone and I've always wanted to go with her...I hope to do one of those things next year. She can't come visit me until after the Golden Globes and she doesn't really have time for me to visit her before the awards either. She is working at the place that hosts them and she has a lot to do with the planning of the entire dinner side of the show so she said she would be too busy from now til after the awards show. I want so badly to go with her. That's be so cool...if she doesn't grab some steady beau...I just might!

OK then, I think I'll go suck some more coffee, then I'll pretend that Christmas is a week away and go shop til I drop.

See ya!

Meg

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a new computer chair

December 19, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Hhhmmm,

If I didn't know better, I would think that you had been sitting in my computer chair. I leave it up high and my son constantly lowers it. Now when we sit on it in the high position, it occasionally collapses. This chair is seriously danherous. I never know when the bottom will drop out below me.

Good luck with the chair!

Meg

December 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home