.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Well...

...I'm as tired as I can be and it's still morning. This month surely did sneak up on me. I forgot when the surgery is and I've waited too long to get the cheap tickets to Tampa. I have GOT to get my driver's license back...and then a car would be nice.

I have been so busy that I haven't even gone to court for a ticket that I couldn't pay for last year. Now I have the money, I just can't seem to wake my ass up in time to get to court by 8:30 which is what I have to do. The lady at the clerk's office said that I need to come to court at 8:30 one morning between Monday and Thursday...prepared to pay the ticket in full. Then she said that she had no idea how much it would be. So, I guess I have to take a LOT of cash to ocurt with me.

Then, I have to pay 2 re-instatement fees and I haven't a clue how much that would cost. I had my license suspended twice. I don't know why they bothered. I guess with 2 suspensions...you really, REALLY can't drive. Crap, it will probably cost me more in fines than I want to spend on a car. Of course, as cheap as I am...I don't want to spend much on a car at all.

I'd love to buy a 1972 Chevy Impala. I paid $600.00 for one of those once. I would gladly pay 3 times that if If I could find one that ran. But, now they're considered "antiques" or classics so they cost a lot of money. I was looking in the paper for a while and saw a few but the cheapest one that I saw was 2 grand. Oh well, I'll find something.

I know that most people would consider that car a hoopty or some such piece of shit...but I love them. I need to feel protected somewhat should I get into an accident and those Battle-Star Galacticars are great for that. I hate driving in small cars...even really nice small cars.

When I was a teenager, my father would occasionally drive me and my brother to school in a '73 Volkswagon and for some reason, I always had to sit in the back. I would get all claustiphobic back there. I could have gone into a full blown panic attack if I hadn't been too afraid that my father would have smacked the hell out of me. Not that he WOULD have smacked me...I just had that healthy respect for my father that kids had back then.

I used to hear it said that people were divided into 2 groups, those who remember JFK being shot and those who don't. Well, it seems as though too much time has passed and that we need to come up with another dividing line...something a bit later. I'd rather it didn't have anything to do with OJ Simpson or Muslims. Can you guys think of one?

We need to figure out when parents stopped being allowed to spank their kids so that I could have one group of kids who did get spanked and the latest group who didn't get spanked. Is there anyone out there under 30 who got spanked? I'm trying to figure out how old the spankees are right now so that I could figure out what event to use to divide the people up.

I started writing this post yesterday but the computer went nuts so I couldn't sign back on to finish it. Today is Sunday and I just finished a 4 day stretch at work...or should I say a 4 NIGHT stretch. I know to pwople who work Monday through Friday, 4 days doesn't seem like much, but when it's 4 twelve hour shifts that are actually 14 hour shifts...it does make you a bit tired. I had worked over 40 hours before I went in to work Friday night so that means that I worked the last two shifts for overtime. When I realized that I would have a lot of overtime for both weeks in the pay period, I decided to take my father's advice and go to Personnel to change my deductions. I changed them to 5 for the rest of the year. I need every dime that I can get my hands on. I have no clue how long I'll be out of work.

OK, I did just get back from work so I'm really tired. I know I've been neglecting you guys lately but I'm off for the next 4 days and I'm going to make it up to you...I promise!

Meg

10 minutes later-Aw heck...I don't have to work tonight, I can write some more. So, now I'm going to pee and then I'll come back and write something else. Don't go too far.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Space Shuttle Challenger?

December 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home