.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Everyday there are...

...a shitload of advertisements left in my comments section. Most of the people who post the ads post them over and over again because they don't realize that I must accept them before they're put on the blog. It can be a tad annoying, but it's really just a click of the reject button and then they're gone.

Today some perv left an ad for a site that actually said, "pre-teen sex models". Naturally, I'll be reporting that to some authority, I haven't figured out how nor to whom I should report it...but I'll figure it out easily enough. It just amazes me that people would do something like that. I won't go to the site itself...I wouldn't want my computer to have it in the history. But, the right people will know what to do with it.

This morning I'm going to start stenciling around the top of my dad's kitchen walls. He chose the pattern and the colors when he and I went shopping for the stencils...which were my idea because the walls needed something else and my dad was going to buy moulding and hammer that up there. I mentioned the stenciling (like I have in my house) and he loved the idea.

The only problem is his nutty ex-wife. She fully admits that she has "great taste and should have been an interior decorator". Of course my father "keeps all of his taste in his mouth", whatever that means. Since she's moved here, she has replaced his "ugly ass kitchen cabinets", taken up the "tacky floor" in the kitchen and hallway and replaced it with marble tile, chosen the color of paint that my father just finished this past weekend and she bought a stainless steel sink because Lord knows she won't be "scrubbing the kitchen sink in between the cleaning women's visits".

When I showed her the stencils that my father picked out, she said, "Don't I have a say in the matter at all? I don't like the idea of introducing a third color in the kitchen." I reminded her that she has already chosen everything else in the room and...in case she hadn't considered this...it IS my father's condo.

I put the stencils and the paint out of her sight, changed the subject and waited for them to leave for her doctor's appointment. After that, she has a bridge game so with any luck at all...I should be able to get enough done before she gets back so that it can't be undone. I was blown away by her obstinance. How dare I not realize that the mere fact that she didn't pick out the stencils, the colors, or even the idea of stenciling automatically makes it in poor taste? Silly me.

When a sweet person gets Alzheimer's, they turn into a sweet crazy person. When a mean and nasty person gets Alzheimer's...they turn into a mean and nasty crazy person. And this mean and nasty person is about as mean and nasty as they come.

OK then...I have to do that work for my father before they get back. It will take hours, if not days to complete this job so I have to get on it ASAP. I'll be back when I take my first break...see ya!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home