.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Meg...

"...Hopefully justice will prevail in this serious case..."

Me too of course, but I doubt that it will. I cannot imagine the jury coming back with a not guilty verdict simply because of emotion, but honestly, I didn't see any evidence of premediation at all. I think they were guilty of cruelty, torturing the kid and many other things...but not murder.

I don't think they should ever get out of prison, but the way the judge defined murder, it just didn't fit this case. Involuntary manslaughter, maybe...but not murder. I saw this case on Nancy Grace last night and finally learned what a glue stick is, you load a glue gun with it. It was a nasty little thing and I'm sure that it hurt like hell to be "licked" with one of those suckers.

Hey Meg, if you're so bored down there, come up north and see my two feet of snow. You can ski down my driveway for free.

I grew up in the Chicao suburbs and lived 30 miles from the Canadian border in Upstate New York so thank you, no. I've done my time in the Arctic Circle. I remember the blizzard of '67, we lived in an "L" shaped ranch that had the front totally engulfed in a snow drift. The snow was so deep that we could easily drag our sleds up to the roof in back and ride the sleds all the way to the street on the snow in front of the house. The snow was too deep to shovel so my father and brothers tunneled out. I remember pictures of my brother standing in a tunnel with a shovel and no teeth, he must have been 8. Oh, if it was 67, he WAS 8...DUH.

When I took the dogs out this morning, I was so cold that my nipples are STILL hard. Damn, it's almost March and it's colder here than it ever gets. I know that's not much to you Northerners...but trust me, we are suffering here as well, just without the beautiful snow. The best we ever get is an ice storm and those are a bitch. Nowhere near as pretty as snow, they keep the roads very dangerous and the grocery stores free of milk and bread, as though we would ever have any nasty weather that would last longer than a long weekend.

And better yet, you can talk to my prickhead lawyer instead of me so I don't break his fuckin neck.

Now you're talking! Lawyers aren't any smarter than the rest of us, they just have more education. I'd like to ask your wife's attorney this one, simple yet powerful question, "Why are we in court?" I assume you and your attorney made a decent settlement offer so I'd love to put them on the defensive immediately by simply asking why you are in court.

That works for anyone by the way. If someone asks you a stupid, nosey or embarrassing question, simply ask, "Why would you ask that?" They are immediately put on the defensive and that's where you leave them. If someone asks a stupid question, they have no answer as to why they asked it so you can just walk away while they're stumbling for an answer.

OK, last night, right before I left the house to go to work, I got a call from my son. He was in a car accident and thank God no one was seriously hurt...but his car was demolished. He loved that car and had it for years and years. It was a collector's edition Mustang and he'll never get back what it's worth.

Some nutty female made a left turn in front of him and he T-boned her. She was the only one cited in the accident so my son will eventually get over this, but right now he is one unhappy young man.

His face was covered with gun powder, I had no idea that the air bags were loaded with that stuff. He was riding with a friend and they were both saved by the air bags. There wasn't a thing he could have done to avoid the wreck and now he knows what I mean when I say, "Be careful!" every single time he leaves the house. As much as you may trust your own kid, you can't do a thing to stop them from coming in contact with idiots who don't know what they're doing.

He was soooo angry after the accident so I told him that maybe it was God's way of saving him from a dreadful, life threatening accident that may have occurred if he had kept driving straight and didn't get stopped by the accident. You just never know. So, as bad as this was, he DID get to come home last night so that's the important thing.

OK...now I'm working on an article for a newspaper and I can't get past the second paragraph so I have to go give it another try. I'll show it to you if I ever finish the stupid thing. This is the second time that I've written THIS post, the first time I lost it as I was just finsihing it...I could have screamed. OK then....now I'm going to finish the OTHER thing that I've got to finish!

Meg

3 Comments:

Blogger Robbin said...

So glad your son is ok after the accident even if the mustang didn't survive.

February 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Meg, I am almost in tears after reading your Feb. 14th. post. Can anyone even begin to imagine the terror that child lived in, the constant fear on waking each morning, fear of breathing in case it invoked their wrath?!? I think they should stuffed in prison (I'd stuff them in an oven and make sure it was lit) for the rest of their lives, and short of that, if the sentence is less than life, then they both should be castrated to ensure that they never produce another child to brutalize.
That poor little boy is better of now, free I hope, instead of growing up with all that emotional scarring and anger. Poor baby.

February 16, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Yeah, that was unthinkable and we'd like to think that it doesn't happen today but sadly, it does. There are probably children being terribly abused as I write this. I read deeper into that story and learned that 2 months before the boy died, the parents had a 20 month old die as well. It was left out of the trial as too prejudicial to the jury. Also, they had one older son who testified against the parents and another child as well. The older boy is 14, I think. The other one, I do not know the age of.



2 B's,

OMG! Yes! My son is fine...a bit sore but none the worse. The poor car looks like a...car that hit a brick wall, is the best way to describe it. I KNOW the seat belts and air bags saved their lives, of course, my father tells of an accident that he survived because he WASN'T wearing seat belts. I personally was saved by them but I don't think that the government should dictate them unless they want to pay when the life is lost BECAUSE of them.

Thanks for thinking of my son!

Meg

February 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home