.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

It's Sunday and...

...there's no football game to watch. I guess I'll just clean up and go to bed early tonight so that I can get up early and head out to the Aquarium with my nurse friend. He called yesterday and I invited him over to watch a movie. We watched it and then we chatted for hours. I like that kind of guy...the kind that you can talk to for hours and never get bored. Well, maybe you do get bored, but not for 20 years or so.

All week I've been cooking dinner in hopes of emptying the freezer so that I can clean it and buy more crap to fill it with. I don't seem to be making a dent in it, though. Yesterday I didn't bother, I just ordered out rather than leave my friend alone on the couch for any length of time. I suppose I could make a giant pot of meat stew...but I haven't ever tried that before and frankly, it might be the first food that ever frightened me. Well, no, that couldn't be true. I had a patient (when I was doing home health) and when I got to her house, she asked me if I would stir her dinner. I opened the lid and what I saw made me scream and throw the lid across the room. It was awful. The woman was boiling chicken legs. I don't mean drumsticks, I mean the skinny little things with the feet attached to them. I had to explain why her dinner frightened me, that wasn't easy at all. I guess it's soul food. Ick.

The grocery store that is right by my house has my popsicles on Clearance which is a good thing because they're cheap as hell. But, it's a bad thing because they won't be selling them anymore and I don't if or what they will replace them with. If the get Edy's Lime Fruit Bars, I'd be happy. They'd charge more, but I'd have my popsicles.

Anyway, when I saw that they were marked down, I bought a BUNCH of them. There have to be 50 popsicles stuck in my freezer. The boxes wouldn't all fit so I stuck the individual popsicles wherever I could find a little frozen food cave for each of them. With so many at my disposal, I'm eating them morning, noon and night. As a matter of fact, I'm sucking on one right now. And fortunately, there isn't a man around to watch me. Men seem to make sexual wise cracks about most anything and a woman who's sucking on a popsicle can conjure up quite a few punchlines from guys. But any activity seems to be fair game to a guy.

We can be cooking dinner and they'll call us away and when we try to go back saying, "I have to stir the pasta.", they'll come back with, "Ooh, I'd like to stir your pasta, baby!" Or, "Not now honey, I need to vacuum the living room." They can't pass that one up, "Oh, I'll do all the sucking that needs to be done, I promise!" No excuse is good enough because they have an answer for everything.

"I'm too tired."
"I'll wake you up in a minute!"

"I don't feel good."
"I'll take your mind of of the way you feel, just give me a chance!"

"I have to be at work in 12 minutes."
"That's OK, all I need is 2!"

Now my father just called, I'll post this now and then finish it when he lets me off the phone.

See ya in a few.

I'm back. It took longer than I thought it would because I finally decided to start eating the big, giant candy kiss that someone gave me as a gift. Those are sort of tough to eat, once you bite off the top, you pretty much have to gnaw the top or bite the bottoms where they meet the sides. But those are really big bites and I prefer the shavings of chocolate that happen when I gnaw a bunch of it. I'm also drinking a cup of coffee that I made in my french press. Or...to be politically correct, my freedom press. I bought the coffee with Starbucks gift cards that I earned by opening emails for months. This is my big pay-off, the gift certificates. I have enough left over for a Green Tea Frappachino (or however they spell it.) Those suckers are good, I highly recommend them.

Anyway, I bought myself a french press so I had the coffee beans ground just right for the press. I think it made better coffee when I had it ground up very fine so I'm gonna start doing that again. That way I could use them in any coffee pot. I'd like to have a percolator. I miss them. I went to open a cabinet once when I was a kid and when I reached up, my arm got burned from the steam coming out of the percolator. Ouch. Other than that...nothing's wrong with those suckers. You know what else they don't seem to have anymore, knife sharpeners in the backs of can openers. I never see them back there anymore, they just slowly and quietly disappeared. I guess they thought we'd never notice...but I DID! Now, I demand some answers, why did the knife sharpeners disappear from the backs of can openers and when did the price go down to reflect that change? HHMMMM?

My giant candy kiss is just sitting there, all nestled in it's little silver bed. And I'm gonna eat that sucker. It won't go bad. At the rate I'm going now, it won't last 2 days. Damn, chocolate is good! Some say it's an aphrodesiac, we'll see. If the guy who gave it to me wants to come over when I tell him that I've finished it, I'll know what his motives are. Until then, I'm just gonna keep gnawing on my pound-O-chocolate.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home