.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Meg,

"how would you like if someone called you a nappy head hoe? that would be so different then wouldnt' it?"

Uh...it wouldn't bother me one bit. I've been called worse. Besides, when I was seven I knew that I was paper and you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you. So, I don't mind what other people say. I just hope they're having fun and I go somewhere else. Life's too short to spend time so negatively.

I'd rather be the person who was called a name than the person who did the name-calling. Imus and Kramer both look like idiots and their "victims" won by default. Playing the race card is like leading with a Jack and the other 3 players slap a Queen, King and Ace on your card...you lose.

The problem is that some people don't know that they've lost and they just keep on leading with the same stupid Jack. That's what I think of Sharpton when he acts like such a nit wit.

Transition:):):) Anyway, don't you hate when someone does something that you can't stand? I can't say exactly what I'm talking about but compare it to this...you're dating someone who drinks too much and you give them an ultimatum..."Quit drinking or get lost."

So, they quit drinking...for a couple of months. Then, they start drinking occasionally but, "It's OK, I really, really don't drink nearly as much as I did...You can't get angry over a few beers on Sunday, that's ridiculous.!"

Well, it may very well be ridiculous. But I don't want to be around a person with a drinking problem who thinks that they can drink "a little". Period. Of course he has the right to drink all that he wants to...but I have the right to walk away from him when he does.

The result of that is...one more time, I get called a bitch. That doesn't bother me...I see it for the attempted manipulation that it is and I walk away, usually quickly. I see so many men trying this crap that I have to wonder if they all used to be bullshitting me and I was just too young and stupid to see it. Or, are men getting dumber since that Chernobyl incident? I can't tell which one it is.

It's interesting that controlling men start out acting nicely because they know you wouldn't warm up to them if they acted like idiots. Then, when they feel the time is right, they act like idiots. They know how to be nice, they just choose not to. I can spot them quickly and I notice the way that they start out the manipulation mildly just to see if they can get away with minor shit. Then, it gets worse and worse as time goes by and they pay no penalty.

I don't usually date a guy long enough for him to change...I can sniff out most assholes. Obviously, I'm not perfect in my detection skills, I wouldn't have this blog if I were. But I can usually tell one when I see one...it's something for which I am always looking.

I have to say that I love it when a guy tells me that I'm "being unreasonable" and I'm "a bitch for not allowing him to drink (or whatever the deed that I dislike is)". Most of them think that I'll respond by begging them not to be angry and instead I just say they're right...and then I walk away. They don't expect that and the look on their faces is priceless.

I need to try to take a nap and that shouldn't be too easy because I've been sucking coffee all morning so that I could stay away long enough to clean the house after my guests. Now I'm wired. But, I'm going to lie down and try to have an out of body experience.

See ya!

2 Comments:

Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Obviously they can't be the only racists.

See, this is the growing attitude in white America and it's perceived to be racist but it isn't...it's frustration. I bet a black guy wouldn't know it if he was speaking to the person who wrote that.

We really need to act like we're all living creatures that God created and therefore, we have to love each other, not call each other names.

What a shame.

Meg

April 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To the anonymous poster above,

You are truly a disgusting human being and racist.

No way it is ok to call someone out of their own name, let alone a racist slant.

Those women felt a true loss of grace when that comment was made by Don Imus. The focus because solely on that comment and not the accomplishment they had made.

Racism reflects those too self-absorbed to be compassionate. And it is blantant ignorance.

I am sure all of us white people would have a different perspective if we had been born a "minority".

A National Holiday does not make up for the digusting day to day racism that many minorites face. It is real.

Leslie

April 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home