.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

My father has left me...

...in the living room with his friend with Alzheimer's who is drinking her scotch again. He went into the bedroom because he doesn't want to watch what she's watching and that left me sitting alone with her. I came into the kitchen and I'm trying to stay away from her and the TV right now. I tried drinking a glass of scotch myself but that is some nasty, nasty stuff. It's Dewar's so it's supposed to be good, but I can't tolerate it knowing that I have Kool-Aid in the fridge.

I'd like to go into my bedroom and hide but I feel like I'd be a bad hostess if I did. It's bad enough that I never get an appetite so I never think to feed my guests, now I want to leave them completely and hide. I shouldn't mind, my father left me with her and she won't remember what I do in the morning. So, I guess I'll go back there after I write this.

Oh, the guy that I dumped the other day called this afternoon and I didn't want to speak to him so I politely told him that and hung up. He called back immediately and I had my father answer the phone. He hasn't called back since. I doubt that he will, at least not for a few days.

I think that my dog misses the other dog. He hasn't been eating much and he's just sitting around looking sad. I don't know what he's thinking, but he's been doing this since Maggie left. Tomorrow when my dad leaves and takes their cat home, I'll be back to having one cat and one dog. That could be bad because I could imagine running into a litter of adorable kittens or puppies and think to myself, "Well, there is room for one more." I don't know why I do that, I guess it's like the rotten sales resistance that I have. Maybe I'll just go get a few more fish and leave it at that.

Remember the stupid algae eater that I had that got so big that I had to give it away? Well, the guy that I gave it to gave me two snails and said that they would be all that I'd need to keep the tank clean. It never occured to me that they would multiply. Now I have so many snails that I can't count them. I got another algea eater that doesn't grow as big as the other ones did so the snails can go. When I drop the algea eater food in the tank, the snails all go after it. Within an hour most of the snails are in the same area and I can scoop them up with my net and dump them out in the yard. Now when I'm working outside, I occasionally find a HUGE snail that I assume began in my fish tank.

Unfortunately, I never get all of the snails so eventually the tank is full of them again. I hate snails and I wish I had never gotten these stupid things. I wonder if cats eat snails? Ya think? I could feed them to the cat and save some money on cat food. When I had that huge algea eater, I would ask people what to do with it and everyone said to flush it down the toilet. I couldn't do that, not only was it too big, it had a face and I can't flush something with a face down the toilet. Maybe the snails have tiny faces, but I can't see them so I don't care what the hell happens to them. I wonder if PETA is gonna come and get me now.

Let's see, the drunk Alzheimer's lady, the nutty dude's phone call, the dog and the snails. I think I've covered my weekend so far. What a fricking exciting life I lead. Now I think that I'm going back in my room to hide. The only problem with that is I'll probably fall asleep and leave my company alone. Oh well, they'll survive. I can't handle this boredom so I doubt that it's very interesting for you so I'll let you go for now. I'll be back either later this evening or first thing in the morning...after my dad leaves anyway.

See ya!

Meggers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home