.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Damn...

...I was lying in my room watching TV and I got annoyed at the news. I was thinking of a bunch of good stuff and I came here to write it to you but I've forgotten most of it because I stopped to suck down a bottle of chocolate soy milk (not a hunger strike violation...enough vitamins to be called medicinal). Anyway, I know what I was thinking had something to do with that hypocrite, Al Sharpton.

He really is a hypocrite...the perfect specimen. He who loves to be begged by wayward white folk who take a wrong turn somewhere. He wants to be begged for forgivness and Imus sucked right up to that. Imus was an idiot...as John Wayne said and Al Sharpton seems to inherently know, "Never apologize, it makes you look weak." Imus did it and then everyone jumped on his back at once. Instead of grabbing his microphone and saying something smart, he went to beg all blacks in the room to except his apology. Oddly, the only people that I've heard to have forgiven him was the team that he offended.

Some reporter dude asked Sharpton if he would ever apologize to any of the people that HE has offended. Sharpton flat out said, "Of course not, I can't apologize because somebody else lied to me...it wasn't my fault." First of all Al, yes, you need to apologize for your actions MORE so when you judge others based on heresay. If you're just listening to someone else, it is incumbent upon you to check out some facts before you start milking it for attention. And secondly, it was your fault. If you try to balance on a tightrope you will eventually fall, so you should be sure that you don't base your life on moral standards that you hold along with a long pole.

If someone asks you for an apology after offending you, the decent thing to do is to accept it graciously. I'm not even a preacher lady and I know that much is true. Sharpton remained steadfast in his avoidance of an apology to anyone that he accused of hideous crimes. All because he doesn't have to take responsibility for the actions of someone else. There's just one problem with that line of thought...he made a career of being the man that all wronged blacks were supposed to run to when wronged. That's what he does...he listens to other people's bullshit and then he incites anger. For that he is paid well.

When confronted with his own hypocrosy in allowing rap music to totally escape his wrath, he tried to convince us that he has always spoken out on the issue of rap lyrics and their dreadfully demeaning, mysogynistic tripe. If he has, where are the boycotts? Where are all of the people picketing the music companies, the sponsors who are dropping the radio stations that play the rap music in the first place? Where's the anger, Al? I hear your anger toward Imus and innocent college boys (who have parents, friends and families that love them, you big jack ass)...why don't I hear the anger toward the rap lyrics that offends me so deeply? You agree that they're offensive, why do we still hear them?

I defy anyone to answer that question rationally without using the Constitution. And, the people who are extorting the lives of those who have mis-SPOKEN really aren't in a position to hold the Constitution up in the air and proclaim freedom of speech. You know, there might be something good to come out of this and if I were Imus, I would get on the television and take up the cause of the downtrodden females who are so very oppressed by rap lyrics. He should be the new face on the war against those who would degrade us. I think he would make a good leader of that particular cause. And just in case he doesn't take the initiative to become a leader in the gangsta rap world...leading the rapper dudes to see the light...I think that the rest of us have to do it. I bet if everyone thought really, really hard, we could come up with a way to put a stop to all degrading words regarding women. Or, we could just remember that "Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me."

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home