.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Hi there!

Ever since I had to put Maggie down, my other dog, Payton, has been very depressed. He used to take an occasional nap in his kennel but now he curls up against the back of it and stays in there for hours on end. I've never seen an animal get so sad after the loss of another animal. So, I decided to get my dog a surprise.

What does every dog want but few can claim ownership of? Why, a kitten, of course.

I just got home from buying my dog a little kittie cat. Payton has been slobbering all over the poor thing ever since I brought him home. My other cat, McFly, was just as surprised as Payton was when I brought the baby home.

I haven't decided on a name yet. Payton just calls it arf but that won't do. The kitten deserves a decent name. I just haven't chosen one yet. I am taking suggestions...what should Payton call his new cat?

I'm going to play with the new addition to my family for a while...I'll be back after we all get settled in.

See ya soon!

Meg

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe if you named the kitty Maggie, if it's a girl, that would make the lonesome doggy happy just hearing the name again.

May 01, 2007  
Blogger JQ75 said...

And the gender of the little kitten?

May 01, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Excellent question...it's a boy!

So, maybe Maggie wouldn't do. Besides, once Payton heard me say her naame and he bolted out of his kennel looking for her.

But, I think that you should all pop over to Littlewing's blog and take a peek:

http://littlewings-life.blogspot.com/

Meg

May 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about Madden?

May 02, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Is there a quarter back named Madden? That sounds familiar. Madden....or is it Jerry Madden? Or is it Payton Madden? Man, I can't remember. Of course, My dog is named after Walter Payton...Actually the dogs' name is Walter, I just don't know him well enough to call him Walter.

I'm still confused But...that's nothing new.

Meg

May 02, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

This is from a friend of mine:

I can't do comments on your blog from work (I'm firewalled -- I think I told you), so I'll add my 2 cents from here on naming pets. I can't remember if I told you that I used to have a kitten named Maggie -- yes, really. It was short for "Magnolia", as I got her in celebration of moving to Georgia.

You're from Chicago, right? So how about Wrigley -- or Comiski? Or the county name where Chicago is located? (I have no clue.) Or if you really wanna get radical, how about O'Hare? My nephew and his girlfriend bought a dog while they were living in Chicago, and by the time they left (soon after getting the dog), they still hadn't named it, and I tried to get them to name it Wrigley as a "souvenir" from their time spent there, but though they loved Wrigley Field (strange since they aren't baseball fans like yours truly), I couldn't convince them. I thought it was kind of cute -- a Wrigley little puppy. Kittens are Wrigley, too.

See ya,

S.

May 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home