.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

I give up...

...I hate my computer so it's history. I'm going shopping for a new one this afternoon. My only problem is that I don't know how to hook the sucker up. I was able to figure out VCR's...maybe I'll be able to figure out how to hook up a computer.

The only things I want off of this computer are some pictures and some things that I wrote in the word processor. Does anyone know how to save things like that? I can save the stupid PC and stick it in another room but that seems like an awful lot of trouble to save pictures and articles. I'd rather put those things on the new one.

Anyway, I'm going to ask the sales person for a computer that would allow me to make videos that I can put on the blog. I don't know what that is, but I want one. So, if I can get the new computer hooked up tonight, I should be making videos tomorrow.

I'm almost afraid to even go behind the desk and try to unplug this dumb thing. Rick hooked it up and nobody has so much as touched the wiring since. I suppose I can do it all myself, but it may take me a month or so to figure it out. Anyway, I'm about to go and get ready to go out and get the new computer so if anyone knows how to save things off of this one, let me know soon.

Before I leave, I'm going to wander around online to see who has the best sales right now so I can go straight to that store. OH! A thought just occurred to me...once I pull out this desk, I'll have to clean behind it! Oh damn, I'm not going to have a good evening. Whatever, I can't keep fighting with this computer, I spend more time trying to sign on than I actually spend online. I would love to beat this one with a baseball bat.

OK then...I'll be back after I get my new computer hooked up but I will be looking to see if anyone knows how to save stuff. I need to save the stuff that's in 2 programs, the picture program and the word processor.

See ya soon!

Meg

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Meg,

That's easy! Just plug in a USB memory key and save your files onto that (drag and click files from old hard drive to the USB drive). You can then transfer the files onto your new computer's hard drive by just plugging in the USB key. As for the videos, you can do that with any computer. You just need a webcam. And it's relatively easy nowadays, what with youtube and all.

Oh yeah, I don't know about Georgia, but the Best Buys here have a service called "Geek Patrol". Maybe they could help you hook up your computer? Good luck! :)

Cheryl

April 26, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Cheryl,

Thank you so much for the info! I don't know what that thingie is but I wrote it down and I'm gonna ask for one. OK then...I'm off to the store...I was going to go to Best Buy and Circuit City to compare prices and if some geek wants to come over I'll be happy to let him in the door!

Meg

April 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay as far away from the Geek Squad as you can...www.bestbuysux.org for some horror stories.
Cheryl is right about the usb thingy..

April 26, 2007  
Blogger Determined said...

I was thinking...your old computer, which Rick bought, should go to the Smithsonian.

April 26, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Hi John!

No worries, I never got to the Geek Squad because I bought my new computer (and the thingie) at Circuit City. The only thing that I don't like is that I don't get the computer until tomorrow. I bought it tonight but the Circuit City guys are going to put all the software on the thing and they also have to fix the computer so that it will allow me to use a web cam with it. The PC that I bought has Vista for an operating system and for some reason, none of those are compatible with web cams. So, they'll do something to it that will let me use one.

OK, now I'm going to post this stuff because I have so much to say...at least it seems like a lot...so I'm going to put this all in a post.

Thanks for the help, I didn't really want to keep the old computer for the stuff in it.

OK, see you up top!

Meg

April 26, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Solaris,

Yeah, I'm sure it would qualify for some sort of antique status. But it's almost gone! Now you'll have to come and show me how to use it.

Meg

April 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home