.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

I did it...

...I bought myself a new computer. There's one small hang up, I don't get it until tomorrow. I did buy it, paid in full, but the Circuit City guys are going to put all the software on the thing and they also have to fix the computer so that it will allow me to use a web cam with it. The PC that I bought has Vista for an operating system and for some reason, that isn't compatible with web cams. So, they'll do something to it that will let me use one.

I paid extra to have the computer all ready for me to just plug in. I can do that. They're also going to be putting the security stuff on it and a few other things that I wanted. Basically, they're installing all the software that I bought tonight. Rick used to work at the Circuit City service center so I said that I was his wife and the guy remembered him. He worked with him at the service center but obviously he quit before Rick got arrested on the job for being violent...now that I think of it, they went there twice. Once for popping me in the face and the other time, he threw a table at me as I was running away from him. He had pulled all the phones out of the wall but, unbeknownst to either of us, the first 911 call went through so the cops came anyway. It was the Monday after my Friday cancer surgery and in the struggle, blood was oozing from my incision which was on my neck and the cops thought that he had slit my throat. They took one look at my bloody neck, my bloody leg and my pathetically emaciated body and then they looked at my 6'2", 230 pound husband and took him away toot sweet.

Anyway, I told the guy that I was Rick's wife (Rick, Sahad says hello.) and they said that they would have it ready first thing in the morning. The guy said that he would start it tonight and pick it up as soon as he gets in tomorrow. I need to pick it up as early as possible because I have to work tomorrow night so I need to take a nap in the afternoon.

All together, everything that I bought cost me a little over $1,100 but there's well over $300 in rebates so I guess it'll end up costing me a tad over $800. A computer dude friend of mine is going to take the old computer, wipe out the hard drive or something like that so that I can give it to my son.

I can't wait for it to be up and running! I bought the components seperately because I wanted a certain monitor that was high definition and large. It's almost twice as wide as this thing. They didn't have that one in stock so I have to go to another store tomorrow and pick it up. It's not too far from the store that has my computer so it's not a big deal. That monitor was just too cool...I couldn't even think about getting a smaller one after I saw that one. The picture was so unbelievably good that I just had to have it.

Oh well, I can't use my new puter tonight...sniff...but by the weekend I will be coming to you in person with that web cam. For now...I'm going to look up Vista and see what operating system I bought.

See ya soon!

Meg

7 Comments:

Blogger JQ75 said...

Oh, Meg, and just when I was looking up cheap flights. Sorry I didn't catch you in time. Hope the new one does everything you want.

If you want a second opinion on what can or can't be done, let me know. I've rescued computers people swore were dead meat (like my laptop that my son knocked over). I even reconnected all the old email to a new PC.

My son gets a kick out of riding this glass elevator up 5 floors. I told him, I've got to take you to the Atlanta Peachtree and take you on the mother of all glass elevators.

The other day, I showed my son an old teletype terminal, the spacebar key wouldn't stay in. I was making dinner and he came running downstairs, "Daddy I figured it out, see, that metal piece came out of the slot and was in the way". "Great job", I told him (he's a chip off the old block).

So, sometime the two of us could swing by, he could take care of the simple stuff while we talk.

I'd be LOL, except I just remembered the 10 mile court ordered travel limit.

April 26, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Aw heck...tell the kid it's a nine mile trip but since you have to fly over a mountain, it just takes a long time to get here. I could always use some help with this thing...or that thing...or the other thing. If I listed all the crappy shit that has gone wrong in my house (and out of it for that matter) it would take a long, long time. That's why I decided to set my sites on a contractor. I need one badly.

By the way, I haven't gone on that elevator yet!

:):):)

April 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Meg,

Ok forget the Geek Squad, I say you should just find yourself a hot computer geek. I always find them useful ;)

Cheryl

April 27, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

LOL, well, it sounds great in theory but I thought that a "hot computer geek" was a contradiction in terms. BUT...if I see one, I'll play with it for a while!

Aw hell, he doesn't have to be hot, he could be really really warm.

:):):)

April 27, 2007  
Blogger JQ75 said...

Ahem, Meg, you are baaaad...

Besides how do you know until you've tried one...

Haven't been to the peachtree, oh ya gotta. Hey the rooms are nice too, with that wall of windows and the view.

April 27, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Well then, come and take me. I was married to a guy who would never have thought of taking me somewhere like that. OK...I'm waiting!

Meg

April 28, 2007  
Blogger JQ75 said...

Oh, Meg, careful whatcha ask for...

I'm lookin for any excuse to split this town for a while.

And an enchanting smile and a dare may be all it takes...

Go figure. We honneymooned in Cancun, I took my wife with me on business trips, took her to St. John for my brother's wedding, took her to Europe for a month on our fifth wedding anniversary, bunch of other places. LA, NYC, Baltimore, Niagara Falls, Orlando.

One trip to DC, we stayed in a very nice place where they were filming ("Pelican Brief" I think), actors everywhere, one time we came out of the elevator to see the crew in our hall and got a high sign to wait while the scene finished. She was all gaga over that.

Never cheated, even when she treated me like crap. Quit the party life before marriage. Always provided well, even when our little company went bust. And here's my payback. Two years and counting in court. Help me understand that one Meg.

April 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home